Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Thanks Hamberg. Phew I thought he was missing this for selfish reasons. That's completely put my mind at rest.

:facepalm:

I mean come on! Am I the only on who thinks this is like a complete and total dick move?

Bet he'd have turned up if it was in New York.

as you know I'm big fan of majority of brits, always have & im a big fan of his for over a decade now, but this is huge own goal for lewis. I don't see how its possible to defend him on this. because every other driver was there even a few world champions that turned up like Rosberg & button who have travelled from Germany & California to get this event. we had huge old names like Arnoux Hill Coulthard Herbert Watson Brundle & he almost oachrised himself because you can tell how much all drivers have enjoyed it.

for him to not only be the odd one out & disappoint his home fans, ahead of the hugely important home gp. to go on a 2 day holiday, which is ridiculous considering that in 3 weeks we are off for a month in between hungary & spa

I guess this is why he will never have the same love as we have still for Jenson Button, whereas Button is same guy on & off track. I seem to think Lewis persona which can be similar to JB on track, is much different guy off track

i hate having to agreeing with everyone as i put above.

i was thinking this morning can you imagine if we had f1 live in italy. & vettel asked ferrari do you mind if i just go on holiday for few days. i dread to think of answer sergio marciconne & Maurizio Arrivabene would give him

images.jpg

Last edited:
Not appearing in London was a mistake and he probably realises that by now, but I don't think it has anything to do with ego or behaving like a prima donna. He's clearly still smarting from the Vettel incident and feels as though the penalty imposed was no punishment at all. A malfunctioning cockpit cost him a certain win and Vettel using his car to take a swing at him cost Vettel nothing. He clearly doesn't feel like being a part of any social promotion involving the sport, that at the moment he feels has kicked him in the guts by not taking harder action against Vettel. I'm hoping he arrives at Silverstone refreshed and ready to do his talking on track. I doubt his on track relationship with Vettel will ever have trust again.

Last edited:
Yeah but this wasn't about any of that. This was about being there for a bunch of fans (a lot of then kids) who have probably supported him through out his career and most likely will never be able to afford/get to see him at a Grand Prix. It shouldn't matter what is going on in F1 politics and it's not the people in F1 he is hurting. It's the fans.

Do you reckon Seb Vettel really wanted to get up in front of a crowd in London right now after what he did? Do you reckon he enjoyed being up their on stage and being goaded about the incident by Jake Humphries? No. But he went, like all the other drivers did, because they wanted to be there for the people who make their careers what they are - the fans.

Given his previous actions and statements I just Don't get how Lewis didn't get that. I'm absolutely baffled. More importantly if he didn't get it why did someone not sit down and bloody well explain it to him. For someone who is supposed to come from a poorer background I thought he might have appreciated how brilliant this was for kids of poorer background to be able to get close to their hereos.

For Christ sake even Kimi went and he literally gives no shit about anyone.

*I need to stop ranting about this but it's really pissed me off*

At the fans forum Hamilton disappeared immediately whilst the team principals and Kobayashi stayed and mingled. Paddy Lowe told me he had to go to the simulator.

Couldn't give even 15mins more to not many people other than a staged interview. It was at MTC so it's not as if he had to go far.

He went away for two days. Could have gone Mon/Tue. It's not good.

I get he's pissed off with the sport but perhaps he should think about what paid for his private jet.

RasputinLives.....Well said on your posts, dealing with this self imposed public relations disaster, and unnecessary controversy that Hamilton has created for himself. Lewis always declare his love for the fans. So what does he do to the British fans.....British fans on a proposed F1 race to be run in London....he choses not to show up. No RaspitinLives, you're not alone in thinking this was a complete and total dick move on Hamilton's part, but also something that he will regret, for showing such stupidity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom