Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix

How did you rate the Chinese grand prix out of 10?

Votes: 4 6.5%

Votes: 7 11.3%

Votes: 13 21.0%

Votes: 9 14.5%

Votes: 10 16.1%

Votes: 9 14.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liked it, gave it an 8, but maybe I just liked making bad puns throughout the race, I dunno, I was falling asleep by the end and I have vague memories of Ted reading the transcript of the press conference but woke up to thinking it was just a dream...!

10 for effort ... on the part of the commentary team working so hard to create a controversy molehill out of sulking man's momentarily melancholy mountain. Piss poor TV coverage detracted from a perfect drive by LH and what semblence of tension might have existed. I give it five ... just.:tumbleweed:

Last edited by a moderator:
SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT! Just a friendly reminder that you have to submit your scores in the poll for them to count towards CTA race of the year. I don't have the time to read through all the posts and check everyone submitted their scores. snowy I see you said you were going to give the race a 2, but there are currently no votes for 2 in the poll, for example.

Max and the midfield scraps were good but my god was that dull. Nico looks broken a la Mark Webber after 2010, something that does not bode well for any form of title battle that kept us entertained last season. It was really dull. I only watched it in the evening but kind of wish someone spoiled the result for me. That race was excruciatingly dull. The only reason it got more than a two was that I scored well in the FF1 :) Did I mention how dull that race was?

It was extremely dull and anyone who enjoyed it must have been watching something else It is definitely one of the worst races I have ever watched and that is saying something, I don't know whether it was the coverage or the commentary or what, but it was dull, whatever the reason.

The score of three I gave it was extremely generous it should have been a 1 or preferably zero, it wasn't worth switching on for and is why I switched off half way through.

My faith in the sport is now at an all time low another few races like this and I shall be cancelling my subscription to SKY Sports..

Cheers Bernie you are doing a bang up job of killing F1 and blaming it on someone else and the FIA just sit there and do **** all about it except make it worse that is when is the last time we heard Jean todt say anything? Who is supposed to be running F1 the FIA or Bernie bloody Ecclestone?

The sport I used to love is no longer.

MotoGP is a far more pure form of racing I shall be concentrating on that from now on and I don't even know who Bernie's equivalent is in that sport.

Last edited:
It was rubbish. There will be no battle for the Championship this year, that much was decided straight after Belgium last season. The only silver linings are the emergences of some real talent in Verstappen in particular, Sainz Jr and Nasr.

Shame there's still a couple of weeks until the V8 Supercars return for some proper racing.

I don't really care what is happening up front at the moment, so the fact that the director spent most of the race watching the midfield made it moderately less stultifying than the result suggests. I give it a 5.

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT! Just a friendly reminder that you have to submit your scores in the poll for them to count towards CTA race of the year. I don't have the time to read through all the posts and check everyone submitted their scores. snowy I see you said you were going to give the race a 2, but there are currently no votes for 2 in the poll, for example.
I was waiting to see if my mood mellowed or watching the race over and over again might make me just insane enough to give it a 3. :twisted:

Ya know I kinda wish I would have waited and I prob would have voted 6 rather than 7. Was watching the F3 at the time and it was exciting so rose tinted it for me.

It was still not as bad as some are saying. Australia was worse.

I'm well acquainted with Mr Cock up in fact he is a frequent visitor to many of the things I attempt :D

I preferred this race to Malaysia. That one seemed to have no redeeming qualities whatsoever (apart from someone else winning because Mercedes cocked up their strategy) so I'm baffled that everyone else rates it as the highest so far!

Off topic, but isn't Sébastien Loeb lauded for totally dominating the WRC?

The same goes for Usain Bolt, Tiger Woods and countless other sports where one individual or team excels above all others.

It's strange that when it happens in F1 it's so terrible.

Excellence in ones chosen field should always be applauded (even when it's Red Bull).

But there aren't rules restricting other competitors in those countless other sports from catching up.

Tiger Woods was one of the greatest golfers of a generation and naturally gifted. An F1 style involvement would be to ban practice rounds in between open championships to prevent competitors from brushing up their skills.

It's not about Hamilton as far as I can tell. (well for most people anyway). You can't blame the guy for winning and if it wasn't him it would be someone else.

It's very difficult to compare motor sport to other sports because the car is so much more than just a piece of sporting equipment.

Back
Top Bottom