Nico Rosberg

Nico Erik Rosberg, son of Keijo "Keke" Erik Rosberg, is about to have his 100th Grand Prix meeting this weekend in Hungary.

I was about to write my "best wishes" to him in 'his' thread...but I couldn't find one...so, I figured I might as well start it off.

What is very interesting is that his father, Keke, took part in 114 Grand Prix races in his entire Formula One career, winning 5 of them - all for Williams from 1982 to 1985 - as well as a World Championship.

It's interesting in that Nico is approaching that number quickly and he's already about to finish off his 6th season in a few months...but without a win to his name...and no win in sight given the current pecking order of the cars.

Some say Nico is a great talent...while others say he hasn't fared well against quality teammates in their prime, so it's hard to judge. Mark Webber is, seemingly, his only reasonable benchmark and that was way back in his rookie season in a car that was one of the worst ones ever constructed by Williams.

What are people's thoughts on Nico Rosberg?

Regardless, Godspeed to Nico on the occassion of his 100th Grand Prix this weekend! :)

I agree rufus_mcdufus

I also think it's entirely plausible Nico was watching and scanning for the best line in order to get that killer lap. He's lost any coaching which I think he's relied on far too much in F1.

He is no match for LH fact Lewis would have won last year a piece of piss if it hadn't have been for all his misfortunes, anyone who believes the two are equally matched are deluded.

People can keep saying there will be a fight between the pair to try and big up the season but that doesn't make it true..

Last edited:
....and the fact he basically said 'if vettel gets through he wins' means he doesn't believe he is able to chase someone down and overtake them.

Absolutely agree with the above. Add to that he said in a post race interview that his motivation was being affected by the lack of information from the team.

He said he had no idea what type of tyre Hamilton was on after their first pit stops. When Hamilton shot off in to the distance Rosberg said "what does that do for your motivation?"

All very strange.

Why does Rosberg need so much information on Hamilton and what he's doing?

Shouldn't he just be driving his own race?

I have always though he depends far too much on information being fed to him from the pit wall.

This from Pirelli's twitter feed shows the tyre strategies - Rosberg was on the same pit strategy at the first stop as Hamilton:
Pirelli Tyres.png

Interestingly, both Williams' options lasted as long as the Mercedes primes, while Vettel dragged out a used set of options for 17 laps!

Last edited:
To me, Rosberg appeared to be very much the journeyman driver until last season. So the big question is: was lat season an aberration?

Also, I don't see how all the talk of record amounts of money being given to Hamilton can do anything but dishearten him.

Back
Top Bottom