Name that car...

It's not a wolf and the engine isn't a Ferrari or an Alfa.

FB is right on the money with the vintage of the car. It predates the Lotus 80 by a year.

I won't give out any clues just yet.

I've definitely seen that nose somewhere before...

images

Not a Ferrari (although they were wedded to flat 12's at that time) and not an Alfa. That leaves the Matra V12 from that era. They were used in Ligier cars but I don't believe that is is one of Guy's cars so I haven't a clue.

Nope, but there was another team that built their own V12's.

Would you say that green looked a lot darker than your standard Brooklands green?

I thought it was black!

V12 engine & chassis maker, but not a Ferrari, Alfa or Matra? I have to admit, you have me stumped. I'm off to do some googling...

Slick put's it right in the onion bag :D

Yep, it's the last ever BRM car from 1978/9. It was built for the British F1 series in an attempt to re-launch the team. The car was tested but never raced and it marked the end for a once great British team.

Over to you then Slick.

:goodday:

I just had to post on this,
Espically after i missed out on the BRM one, I only found out about that the other day too

just a hunch Here but could it be the early 90's 'engineering exercise' Honda Car that never raced and was never going to either?

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:
just a hunch Here but could it be the early 90's 'engineering exercise' Honda Car that never raced and was never going to either?

Thats a very good hunch but do you know which of the chassis this is that the Honda engineers knocked together in their spare time. Bonus marks if you can get the driver & year.

Damn! im useless with remembering car names,

If irrc the last F1 Cars used the RA and then a number, like the RA106 etc, so ill guess RA101

The Driver is Satoru Nakajima, and the year is i think 1993 because i think it came after Honda pulled hout has an engine supplier It was early 90's anyhow

Thats close enough for me, this one was the RC101 the second of 3. Driver & year correct was at Suzuka in Nov 93.

The original was the RC100 which went through FISA crash testing and was destroyed i believe and the follow up the RC101B.

Over to you then for the next one!

mmmm.....ok,

The name was wrong and i didnt realize there were 3 different models, just 3 cars of the same model

but has you've already posted the answer anyway, Here is my offering

02024_8w.jpg

Knowing you guys ill bet a tenner the first to post an answer will get it right.

How can you tell that from there :o

If that is James Garner, it was Yamura (or something like that) racing in the film GP but I think it was a Mclaren in disguise that was the actual car.

Don't know any model numbers though.

FB said:
I don't know what it is AMR but is James Garner driving it? LOL

cider_and_toast said:
How can you tell that from there :o

If that is James Garner, it was Yamura (or something like that) racing in the film GP but I think it was a Mclaren in disguise that was the actual car.

Don't know any model numbers though.

Erm I dont think its Gardner racing, although where that pic came from im not sure, considering my source i presumed it was an actual GP, but fortunately this isn't the guess the Driver thread.

Unfortunately I want the chassis name/number too, Sorry.

This is what I was thinking of AMR, James Garner in John Frankenheimer's seminal film Grand Prix.

gphondpits.jpg

As to what your picture is - giz a clue.

Back
Top Bottom