Name that car...

I suspect Muddy is right but doesn't it look like a Mclaren M23? I suppose every designer "borrows" from the most succesful car of the era, witness all the Red Bull look-a-likes we have this year.

Here's the next one

ags87kz8.jpg

It looks like the art work was done by Stevie Wonder !!!

All I can tell is that:

1) The picture was taken at Monaco
2) It's mid 80's ish
3) Unlike most teams at that time it's using an N/A engine. The forced air intake is a give away.
4) I'm guessing the driver is maybe French becuase of the Blue and Red lines on the Helmet?

Other than that. Not a clue.

I do believe it's an AGS but which one of their tractors I'm not sure. Personally I quite like the paint job, the sponsors certainly wouldn't be able to complain it wasn't visible LOL

cider_and_toast said:
It looks like the art work was done by Stevie Wonder !!!

All I can tell is that:

1) The picture was taken at Monaco
2) It's mid 80's ish
3) Unlike most teams at that time it's using an N/A engine. The forced air intake is a give away.
4) I'm guessing the driver is maybe French becuase of the Blue and Red lines on the Helmet?

Other than that. Not a clue.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

FB is right, it's the 1987 Cosworth powered AGS as 'driven' here by Pascal Fabre

Okay, let's see if anyone knows what this is (not the best quality picture, sorry)

Attachments

• quiz2.jpg
    quiz2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 96
Well done Muddy, I thought the livery might fox people but you got it one. It's an FW07 entered by RAM racing, this one being driven by Geoff Lees.

Okay, what's this one and, for a bonus point, what was unusual about it?

Attachments

• quiz 2.JPG
    quiz 2.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 124
Well obviously it's a Ligier don't know what model but it will be a JS something. If I remember the JS comes from Jo Schlesser?

There must be something strange with the engine (you've covered something up on the engine box but the question is what?)

Looking at the shape of it I would guess it's mid 80's perhaps 86/87 and there is no air intake so I would guess it's a turbo engine but the size of the buldge over the cam covers would suggest it's bigger than your standard V6 Turbo. Could it be a V8 or V12 Turbo?

Maybe way off target so I apologise for the ramble. That's my best guess. :goodday:

Was it the Alfa engine that René Arnoux spoke of not too fondly after a test session, which resulted in Alfa taking their engines away?

I'll leave it up to CaT & Muddy to decide who is the winner as it is the unraced Ligier JS 29 with the Alfa turbo engine.

Cheers Muddy :goodday:

Here's then next teaser then chaps. Something a bit newer but what have we here?

Attachments

• Whatsdatden.jpg
    Whatsdatden.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom