Name that car...

Just to clear up i think i made a small whoopsie in my last post. It IS a Mclaren

That should be all the clues needed, right i dunno what others to give without giving it away?

I thought this would be easy for you lot....ok 60's cars are pretty hard to tell from each other unless they sprouted wings and such like, but i know what i would of had has a little hunch once i found out it was a Mclaren.......

And what info have you found Brogan.....ive looked myself to make sure i haven't given anything away and i can only find the URL......you didn't presume it was an eagle cause it had that in it right? thats just my Photobucket account lol. otherwise i need a new web browser.

Okay I 've had a look at Mclaren cars through the decades and believe this is the M7, before they stuck wings on it.

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:
And what info have you found Brogan.....ive looked myself to make sure i haven't given anything away and i can only find the URL......you didn't presume it was an eagle cause it had that in it right? thats just my Photobucket account lol. otherwise i need a new web browser.
As if I would make a stupid mistake like that.... :whistle: :embarrassed:

FB you've got it!

i thought the sersinema whatever its called be a little obvious

but yes its the McLaren M2B the first car McLaren made (why it would not of been my first guess ) driven by Bruce himself.

It contested 6 races of the 1966 season and used two engines A Ford V8 used at Indy races (the year before the DFV was used i think) and the Serenissima eninge.

It scored 3 points with a best result of 5th and also had two 'did not starts'.

What's this one then? And who's driving it?

Attachments

• Car (2).jpg
    Car (2).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 136
It is indeed Derek "Del Boy" Warwick but not a Theodore. :Hint: the car was modified quite radically before it started it's first race due to the FIA banning hydraulic/pneumatic suspensions.

It is indeed a Toleman, the TG183. I should correct my earlier post, the car shown raced at the end of 1982 in this design but for 1983 morphed into the 183B shown below. Hard to believe it's the same car.

TolemanTG183.jpg

No, no, the thread is name that car, and I got it wrong. I knew Del Boy drove the Toleman in '82 and '83, but that car looked more like an '80 or '81 to me, and I wasn't sure Toleman were around then.

Anyway, over to you Bro'

Thanks Muddy, although technically I didn't get the model number.

Anyway, this should be an easy one, not sure if it has already been posted.

I was going to do a really tough one but I doubt anyone would have got it.

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 146
:punish:

Well slick won it anyway but to put you all out of your misery it's a McLaren M7C being driven by none other than Bruce himself at the 1969 German GP.

Back
Top Bottom