MotoGP MotoGP 2013 Season in One Thread Thread, it's ALL here!

Yes it is just for this race as a mistake has been made with the tyres, but teams with only one bike or if a bike is trashed in morning practice will be disadvantaged....

I know this is off topic guys and gals but the final race of the IRL season is due to start in 2 hours time. Find a way to watch if you can. A 215mph, 500 mile shootout for the championship between our favorite Kiwi Scott Dixon and Helio Castroneves.
Formula One is never like this. SENSATIONAL !!!!!!!! You can safely guarantee there'll be at least half a dozen cars less than a second apart at the end. :popcorn:

It sounds exciting but is a shootout really the best way to decide a champion? To decide runner up may be just about okay but surely the guy that deserves it is the guy that did the best job throughout the season otherwise what is to point of it all? Just have one race and declare the winner the champ and have done with it..

Americans do tend to jazz things up until it becomes much more of a spectacle and nowhere near a sport that can be recognized by the rest of the world, enjoyable to watch maybe but definitely not a sport.

Last edited:
Mephistopheles ..... Two drivers have done well enough to be capable of taking the title in the last race. It just shows how close the season has been. Dixon has won 4, Castroneves has only won 1, but has had incredible consistency so either deserve it, though I'm one who thinks the driver with the most wins is more deserving.
It's every bit as much a sport as any other motorsport, more so when you consider it focuses on a level playing field for the drivers, rather than technology.

Last edited:
I found the Moto GP race confusing. Was Pedrosa given a penalty that meant he had to let Marquez through or was it a penalty where he had to lose a position? Can the Honda team not count to 10 or were they trying it on to get Marquez fresher tyres for the last couple of laps?

At least it has delayed the title race but I still expect Marquez to wrap it up before the last race.

Can we have pit stops every week?! That was great! I thought the Pedrosa penalty was to just drop behind Marquez as he was behind him when it was issued but everyone then started saying he had to drop at the end of the race, what a strange penalty!

Halfway through the race I found myself thinking "Good job I'm not a radio commentator... I'd have to describe everything in real time and I've already forgotten exactly what happened?!!"....:dizzy:

What a confusing race that was. Some pretty spectacular jumps off one bike onto another, I thought they were going to have to take the bike to meet Lorenzo the distance he leapt off his first bike.
Exciting as the pit stops were I still prefer the podium to be settled by racing not trye degredation & stewards.
We weren't the only ones confised at the end, Rossi didn't know if he was second or third. I still don't see the point of Pedrosa's penalty, it didn't look like he gave Marquez the place, he was overtaken.
I can't work out if Honda genuinely misinterpreted the rules or if they were trying to pull a fast one, after all they pitted Dani much earlier.
I will be annoyed if Marc loses the championship because of poor tyres and cock-ups. I'd much rather him be beaten fair & square on track.
I'm gutted for Scott Redding. To have led the WRC so long & now be second, poor bugger.
I do hope they can stabilise it to get him out for the next race...with Pol crashing out (safely).
Oh well, could be worse - he could be a pigeon...

Redding has been off the pace for a few races, it was beginning to look like he was going to lose anyway. There's always next season.

I think the reason Marquez missed his pit stop was because he had just saved a near high side and this caused him to forget to pit.

Possibly, maybe

Last edited:
Pedrosa's penalty was for crossing the white line ("pit exit neutral line") when rejoining the track. That was apparently taken care of by Marquez passing him prior to his eventually getting the black flag.

As for the pit stop cock up, Pedrosa stated in his interview that he decided to pit early. Marquez stated that he followed the instructions from his pit signals and Honda have admitted that the timing of his stop was the team's strategy. Honda were trying to use the pit stop window strategically which is nothing less than one would expect of any of the teams. As in F1 the timing of a stop may positively or adversely affect track position. It's no surprise then, that they tried something different within the pit window however mistaken their calculation may have been.

But how the hell could Honda get it wrong? Pedrosa riding for Honda pitted this meant that Marquez riding for Honda had to pit the next lap or he would be breaking the cobbled up rules as there was only a two lap pit window unless they thought Pedrosa was going to do two stops which is bloody ridiculous, I just cannot see how they ballsed it up....

Or maybe they saw an opportunity to get Pedrosa back in the title hunt, which is even more stupid...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom