Mercedes and Ferrari in 'secret' Pirelli tyre tests

People are realizing that this test simply could not have been conducted with some knowledge or complicity by the FIA.

I eagerly await the conclusion of this "scandal".

Although it is interesting to hear about the intricacies of these tires and what the teams have discovered. I'm not sure Pirelli will enjoy it being broadcasted to the world that they made a massive mistake in their R-L specification. They can be forgiven however, as they hadn't had a contemporary car to work with.

I'm not sure whether any teams are going to be generous enough to use their valuable testing time to test the revised Pirelli tyres (which may not even be introduced) at the Montreal practice sessions.
Maybe all the teams should be given an additional hour or two to try these tyres?

rufus_mcdufus

When Pirelli have brought experimental compounds before, the teams have jumped at the chance - as they are not time limited in practice, but instead are tyre limited. Often, you'll see teams running with the development rubber in order to clean the track and lay down rubber.....

The new tyres are not being run in Canada instead all the teams get to test them on Friday...

Pirelli trying to placate some the teams perhaps..;)

Edit

Maybe we have a Placate-gate..LOL

Edit edit

I wonder if some teams might sacrifice one of their drivers to do all of Fridays running on the new tyres to catch up on the 1000Km testing that they may feel the Mercs gained...

I find with any 'scandal' the suffix 'gate' added is not actually much of a scandal. This does indeed go all the way back to Watergate which, to be honest, is pretty tame compared with other scandals. So really it's perfectly justified making this one a 'gate' as it's not much of a scandal!

Gateshead Gate Gate....

http://www.gatesheadwroughtiron.com.au/Gates-and-Fences(2297329).htm

Now, back to the topic, it must be a scandal as it's in the Daily Mail!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-Jean-Pierre-Martel.html?ico=sport^headlines

Which contains the immortal line "It seems unlikely the Monaco result — a win for Lewis Hamilton’s team-mate Nico Rosberg - will be overturned". Did it need explaining who Nico's team mate is or visa versa? Presumably the story is only there as a "French Lawyer" is involved. Bloody Europeans never know when to keep their noses out do they? ;)

Back
Top Bottom