Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

So what we’re saying is that in 1990, Senna’s title counts as not won in a dominant car because it was relatively well-matched with a multiple champion in a Ferrari.

His team-mate had conceded that he was faster. The Ferrari driver had a team-mate who had a history of driving aggressively and winning races, but was outclassed amidst rumours of number 2 status that were probably not true.

There was another team third in the championship - a non-motoring conglomerate - who were capable of winning races.

He, of course, won the title eventually by crashing into his Ferrari rival at the first corner of a race before the end of the season.

Familiar much? If you say Senna’s 1990/91 were worthy, then Hamilton’s 2017 also must be.

Hamilton has, of course, won the title in the second-best car.

All the drivers are shit.

The championship will now be decided by timed laps in each car performed by the stig.

Teams will be appointed bonus marks based on how funnily they can introduce him.

Last edited:
You are indeed correct, Galahad, it is the 2008 Ferrari to which I was referring. I am pretty sure that the Mercedes is quicker this year on average, although possibly not if you put a sack-load of slow corners in front of it.

Alonso and Hamilton got along well until Hamilton soured it.

Their relationship began to sour after Fernando had pressured McLaren to remove Lewis, and to be replaced by Pedro De La Rosa for a test session, for the upcoming Spanish GP. Anthony Hamilton confirmed that Lewis was scheduled to run in those sessions at Barcelona, but was suddenly pulled. I can only imagine it had annoyed him and Lewis, but also Niki Lauda who was surprised, and annoyed by McLaren's actions. Lauda in his straight talking way asked according to Autosport, " Where the expletive is Ron Dennis? I want to talk to him." That incident could have been the starting point, which led to the deterioration of that relationship between Lewis and Fernando.

Last edited:
Yup

46FBBE9300000578-0-image-m-235_1512474363561.jpg

Back
Top Bottom