Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Day late and a dollar short. Lovely for all those people who can afford those costly Silverstone tickets.

Seems like a PR save attempt to me. Especially as he was ripped in the press conference.

This is going to follow him around all weekend. Any relaxing he did? Any benefits he perceived have already gone as he answers endless questions on why a British driver wasn't at an event in Britain for the British fans. Instead of concentrating on the race he will be avoiding the media and batting away the same question time and again. Where were you?

I really hate to think of what effect this incident may have on Hamilton, and the championship. If he doesn't do well this weekend.

"Best fans in the world" - that loses its significance when he says that after every Grand Prix!

He really has scored a PR own-goal by not attending the London event; attending an F1 fan event in London (one's home country) should not really be that costly. It is feasible that, if there is a significant overlap between the Grand Prix crowd, and the crowd in London, that should Hamilton be on the podium at Silverstone, that there will be a significant proportion of the crowd booing him- which would be unthinkable for a "home" GP.

I think the whole point of the London event was to bring F1 to the public who can't afford the tickets to Silverstone so I'm sure he'll get cheered by the crowds there.

Just such a shame.

It seems odd that a driver who says that his fans spur him on would not take the chance to get a lift from them.

And now Bottas was quickest in Q1, not quite what Hamilton would have wanted since he likes to dominate in all the sessions.

Don't think Hamilton will be too bothered by Bottas's time. They were trading fastest laps and Bottas time was less than 8 thousandths of a second quicker due to a rapidly improving track. They'll both be watching to see how much time Ferrari can make up in P2. Vettel was scruffy to say the least and 1.4secs slower in P1

Given after Baku Hamilton had planted his flag firmly on the morale high ground, Vettel must be glad some of the heat is now off.

The guy is 32! FFS.
After looking at his FaceBook page, I'm surprised that the guy has an audience above the age of 15 years.

Doesn't float my boat. #Blessed #GodIsGreat

I (like most of us) have watched him drive for years and years and that's what does it for me. Superbly talented, challenging and engaging on the track he really is a master at his chosen field. As time goes by though, with the ever increasing regularity and magnitude of his total ****wittery off it, I'm switching off.

In my mind whatever he does on track now has and continues to be overshadowed by his seemingly self indulgent twattery off it.

I'm now apathetic. Win or lose on Sunday Lewis Hamilton I don't care anymore.

I find the back to back race needing a break thing just hilarious. They work Thursday to Sunday. I would ****ing kill for a four day working week never mind only having 2 or 3 of them a year. They are spoilt little brats that don't realise how lucky they are. They should try actually doing proper work to make a living

oooh I need a break the pressure is too much I need to refocus.

**** you prick. I just rescued a family from a burning building
**** you prick.I just performed a conerary bipass on a 30 year old parent of 4.
**** you prick. I Just assulted a terrorist with a battton because that was all I had.
**** you. prick.

p.s. I've been drinking.

Back
Top Bottom