Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

ive never known Such a eventful effectively 1st hour of racing. lead changes, overtakes, crashes, controversy & 5 teams who could win this

they were talking about no intermediates for sustainability. might as well stop bringing Wet tyres as theyve brought out the safety car because it rained an hour ago. havent raced since

no wonder F1 binned off Eduardo Freitas

Not Moving Wake Up GIF by Travis

Last edited:
The track was half wet/half dry, de Freitas had no option other than to shove the SC out as the drivers have proven that they either can't or won't drive to the conditions. Did you see the carnage at, I think, Indianapolis? The drivers were warned that there was a river running across the track and yet they still threw it in to the corner on slicks thinking they had the "skill" to make it out the other side.

I have to say I'm missing the old commentators. This lot are too excitable. This is an endurance and Alex Brundle and Alex Jacques are commentating like it's an F2 sprint. Calm the f@#k down and terat the race with the respect it deserves. Also, the American bloke really seems out of his depth. He really needs to stop using American race terms at a European event.

The track was half wet/half dry, de Freitas had no option other than to shove the SC out as the drivers have proven that they either can't or won't drive to the conditions. Did you see the carnage at, I think, Indianapolis? The drivers were warned that there was a river running across the track and yet they still threw it in to the corner on slicks thinking they had the "skill" to make it out the other side.

I have to say I'm missing the old commentators. This lot are too excitable. This is an endurance and Alex Brundle and Alex Jacques are commentating like it's an F2 sprint. Calm the f@#k down and terat the race with the respect it deserves. Also, the American bloke really seems out of his depth. He really needs to stop using American race terms at a European event.
i agree the safety car was needed, said the times it reminds hugely of Nurburgring 2007, but the length was ridiculous & 20 maybe 30 mins but an hour an 1hr 15? i think was ridiculous. tom kristensen had said it was fine with over half an hour before they actually restarted the track had gone from very wet to fully dry line. in a way i feel for some of the team screwed over by strategy because they pitted for wet tyres & then had to pit back to dry tyres because the safety car period had completely nullified any competitive wet driving

its weird because i enjoy Leigh Diffey on indycar & Alex Jacques is very good on F2, + C4 F1. but i miss those familiar tones of Martin Haven

if #51 ferrari wins this, getting that car moving 20 secs when he was about to be lapped after spinning out of the lead at 10.45pm last night, will be why. because that Kobayshi incident got them out of jail, 20 more seconds & they wouldve been 1 lap down

in this years race more than any. its never over til its over as 5 cars have looked very comfortable to fall out of contention. but 2nd place ferrari look like they have this. which will upset toyota because they were hoping for their 1st le mans victory that didnt have an asterisk or an "ah but" which has effected Audi won 2000 - 2007. but didnt getva 1st proper win until 2008

i bet Ferrari were sweating in those 2 minutes big time. when they had to get reboot that ferrari with 20 mins to go. anyone who won it is fully deserving of it. because that was a le mans for the ages.

what couldve been for the customer Jota they should be at least standing on the podium. but they made a silly mistake & its cost them even finishing

toyota still havent won a competitive le mans which will annoy them, it was interesting to hear the buemi interview where he says "it is still very difficult to have to beat your teammate" & i know they tried their best but the glickenhaus finishing 6 laps behind toyota shown how easy theyve had it over the last 5 years. as lewis Hamilton will agree its 1 thing fighting in house but completely different to fighting vettel or verstappen

all those safety car worries & interesting that in all 3 catagories only the top 2 in Hypercar & LMP2 finished on the lead lap only top 3 in GT

Back
Top Bottom