Head To Head Jenson Button vs Sergio Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame could be laid on the doorsteps of both Button and Perez if they had taken each other out, but Jenson may have been on the north side of mental when he had said, " I've had some tough fights in F1, but not quite as dirty as this. "

I understand the fuss being about post race comments but me too Slyboogy . Perez did what I expected and why I think the boy has potential (although seems to still think he's in GP2) and Button threw strategy out of the window and had a good old fashioned proper gritty race with hard defending, overtaking and everyfink!

Which is why I can't understand it, I must be a sucker for punishment, but no doubt one day I'll just bugger off and enjoy watching the driver i follow in peace without all the snide remarks....

well this intra team rivalry is now blowing up a bit more

Jenson needs to teach Sergio a few manners

Interesting stat I read apart from China Sergio 's race pace has been getting closer to Jenson according to Autosport but then Jenson was miles in front in Malaysia as well which might have painted a different picture if his team did not bungle the pit stop

Slyboogy

Its called team politics - Jenson's not the first driver to say that about his teammate and surely not the last

Also young Sergio is gaining a reputation for being a dangerous man:whistle: if you agree with Kimi, Alonso and Hamilton

In another article dealing with this matter it said, " Button and Perez criticized each other after a frenetic fight for position at Sakhir." Perez by also criticizing Button's actions, shows clearly that he will not be easily intimidated by Jenson's concerns.

In the same article it seems as though Jenson became angry when his message of " calm him down " was broadcasted for everyone to hear, as he said the following:

" The problem with the radio is that my message is not meant for the masses, it's meant for the team "

" In a way it's a pity that TV companies just choose the messages they want, because they can come across the wrong way "

" I was obviously angry, but the anger was supposed to be kept within the team, because I am radioing the team, I'm not radioing TV companies."

It looks as if Jenson was one unhappy fellow after the race at Bahrain.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107111

I see everyone's wagging at Jenson being an unhappy fellow but no one is mentioning anything about

Kimi accusing Perez swiping his nose
Hamilton accusing Perez of dangerous weaving
Alonso accusing Perez of forcing him off

So choice comments indeed :whistle:

Maybe that's because this is the Jenson Button vs Sergio Perez thread? It has also not escaped my attention that on several occasions people have referred to Perez having upset other drivers. Personally, I would review my own posts before chucking stones at the messenger.

Wow I read all of the comments before reading the Sky article (slight panicky sweats when certain ex 606 names cropped up!) WTF? Button's comments were absolutely spot on and very mature as far as I can tell.

"I think we're very lucky we were allowed to race. There are a lot of teams where team-mates aren't allowed to race."
"But we'd better respect that decision and not take advantage of it, and that's something we all understand now"

Pretty important use of language there.

Mephistopheles it's because (I believe) Jenson used the words "dirty" about his team mate and didn't acknowledge that he was a little hot headed in the situation too.

As far as we can tell Webber and Vettel had an upfront agreement but Vettel chose to ignore it. Great for us, but only one of them was sneaky.

Another reason of course is people don't like Jenson and will look for anything... But that's not everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom