Jaime Alguersuari

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Sep 16, 2011.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If thats true and it isn't because he's lined up for the Williams drive then I think thats a mistake - better to be visable in an F1 drive even at the back than sitting in the garage.

Others may argue with this but 3 drivers who have driven for HRT in the last 2 seasons have all been given a shot with a team further up the grid (Chandhock, Senna and Ricciardo) yes 2 of them failed to take it but thats not the point. Would they have been on the radar to get that chance without a bit of time at HRT?

teabagyokel, gethinceri and GermanF1 like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Klien and Yamamoto, of course, utterly unlikely to have been given a chance up the grid - both had already supplied evidence of their incompetence.

4. Slyboogy

Slyboogy World Champion Contributor

I thought Klien did a better job than Senna?

Must be wrong.

5. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Klien did do in his one race but Klein has already been tried and tested

6. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    He did, I'll grant you. I'm talking about his previous form with Jag/Red Bull, where he looked like a fish out of water and he became only the first driver to be beaten by David Coulthard two consecutive years.

7. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Oops!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97359

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    He doesn't say who from though and I can't think of who it would have come from that he wouldn't have taken unless it was Williams, Catherham, Marussia or HRT. Now we already know HRT offered him a seat he turned down but the other 2 seem unlikely. Lotus?

I dunno. I think maybe Jamie is blowing a bit of hot air.

Slyboogy likes this.
  9. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I will be back says the God who fell to earth.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/...gpupdate&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news

I think thats why he took the commentary job on 5 live - he saw how well that worked out for other drivers like Davidson and Chandhock trying to get back into F1 and realised it was the way.....oh hang on!........

10. no-FIAt-please

no-FIAt-please Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Alguersuari has been signed as a Pirelli test driver alongside Lucas di Grassi.

11. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I read that too. Haven't they bought a 2010 Renault to test with?

12. no-FIAt-please

no-FIAt-please Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Yes they're using an R30 which they have chosen over the TF109 due to the larger fuel tank so they can simulate full races, but I also think that they're going to modify the car so that it's in line with current downforce levels.

I doubt the experience will give Alguersuari an edge when trying to find a race seat for 2013, only need to look at Lucas di Grassi to see that, although I think Alguersuari is probably rated higher than di Grassi.

13. HansyRod

HansyRod Points Scorer

This is great news for Jaime, not only as a way of keeping his skills sharp, but also possibly getting a deeper knowledge of the Pirelli tyre. I don't think his situation is comparable to Di Grassi's, being a lot younger and having ended his last F1 spell on a high with a great half season, I would think he's an interesting prospect for any midfielder team, at least - however my opinion may be just a bit biased as you can probably deduce from my avatar :D

teabagyokel likes this.
  14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Does Jamie know something we don't know?

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/...gpupdate&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news

He states he is 100% sure of being back next season and states he was better off taking a year out then being with one of the teams at the back and that he can do DTM when he's 35. You'd think he have some sort of iron in the fire to be making a statement like that!

15. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    interesting tweet from Jamie today https://twitter.com/AlguersuariJA/status/248718522774085632

"Soon you'll all know where i will be driving next year. Thank you all again"

It seems to be taken that this means he's signed a contract for a race seat in F1 next year but it could equally also mean he's going to publish a map of the road trip round Europe he plans to take. He has been heavy hinting all year he'll be back in F1 but I really don't see it myself.

I have a feeling Jamie Alguersauri is the new Anthony Davidson.

teabagyokel likes this.
  16. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Unless he is taking Heikkis place at Caterham?

17. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Where's Heiki going? and don't they have Razia, Rossi and Van Der Garde all queing up for that driver anyways?

18. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Heikki could be in line to go to Ferrari. All conjecture, but if Jaime has a seat, someone needs to make way.

19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I'll believe the Ferrari thing when I see it. I'll also believe Alguersauri coming back into F1 when I see it as I don't really think he has an impressive record to stand by. Maybe HRT but he turned them down last season.

siffert_fan and The Pits like this.
  20. Viscount

Viscount Pole Sitter Contributor

Alguersuari to Sauber.

21. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Official?

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice