Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
Well as I've said before Grosjean is pretty highly rated when it comes to development. I guess when they got Guttierez he waa Ferrari's development driver and the deal made sense.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Yeah and if the wheels were made of chocolate then he would't be hungry.

Very odd comment Il_leone. Are you suggesting all Mexicans are interchangeable? Or that Gene Haas thought they were all the same?

.... Only an experienced, intelligent, talented and current F1 driver can really give a team the feedback that they need.

If they are intelligent they won't be driving for Haas until it shows more promise. yes, they have done well for a newcomer but there is still a long way to go.

RasputinLives I meant if Gutierrez was delivering the same sort of results as Perez can then I don't think Haas would be complaining BUT his hands are tied because of the Ferrari deal and pressures to secure sponsors from the Americas.... I am surprised he has not considered Felipe Nasr to get sponsors from Brazil

Grosjean's 10th place gave Haas their first point since Austria. I don't know what Haas (owner) has in mind for the team but I would say their first year has been a success, hopefully next year they are fighting for more points or even podiums. Replacing Gutierrez is definitively a must-do at this time.

The comments under the article are great LOL:

Mad_Max 4 days ago
Nice guy. He is very friendly. I wonder though if he is colorblind. He has problems with blue flags.

DarkKnight10 4 days ago
If only his driving was as good as his ability to ignore blue flags..

As debut seasons go Haas have been far from overwhelmed, especially if you compare it to the likes of HRT and Caterham.
That is an odd comparison. It disregards the fact that Haas, unlike Caterham and HRT, have components of the Ferrari team and also their know-how/ support. Furthermore Caterham, Marussia/ Virgin, HRT were using an old underdeveloped Cosworth engine.
Caterham should have done better obviously because they had a fairly steady structure with Fernandes up until 2012.

Last edited:
Haas have done well but their problem is they need to generate their own funding from North America and without wanting to throw Alexander Rossi into the deep end they want to look at other more viable options for commercial reasons

They should have considered signing Perez which would solve their sponsorship issues but it seems there is still influence or requirement to keep Ferrari happy which is proving tricky to say the least

Haas have done well but it does appear without the Ferrari support their experience has been a tough baptism of fire as the leading teams have developed their car

They need a substantial budget next season and could threaten Williams if they get the car right .. I guess if Lance Stroll's Dad had not been backing Williams then he might have been another ideal candidate for Haas to go for

I' m thinking there are not many stand out candidates left that Haas could go for that are not associated with Ferrari

People mention possibly Gasly from Red Bull BUT Ferrari will have a say and want throw one of their young drivers in . K- Mag does not seem to be an option unless say they could get Lego to sponsor the car BUT the current line of Lego toys relating to F1 teams only feature A Red Ferrari with team truck and an old silver Mclaren with pit crew

RasputinLives I meant if Gutierrez was delivering the same sort of results as Perez can then I don't think Haas would be complaining BUT his hands are tied because of the Ferrari deal and pressures to secure sponsors from the Americas.... I am surprised he has not considered Felipe Nasr to get sponsors from Brazil

Yes. I understood your meaning. But why would he be thinking about Perez? Why not just I wish Gutteriez is a better driver. Why are the two interchangeable?

Back
Top Bottom