Cycling

Which is why Roger Riviere had wheels with the number of spokes reduced, suitable for an hour on the track but not quite so for road riding.

Who gave you Greenlantern101 permission to post before me? My post was, as hopefully was obvious, aimed at the one by no-FIAt-please.

Last edited:
I'm not saying sacrifice durability for weight. But there are bikes that come with a crap wheelset to come in under budget. I'd prioritise a good wheel set over drive train parts for example.

I've lost almost a stone in a year, I climb faster and easier now, whichever bike I ride - the light one or the not as light one. You can get very obsessed with weight while riding, I regularly carry 1.5kgs in water bottles alone!

They have offered to throw in a fitting, a new stem, saddle and pedals, the wife is really good at negotiating, so may be able to get a computer too, bottles and cages. I am due to be testing out a synapse tomorrow, but it will have to be seriously good for me to change my mind.

Aye gethinceri that was the one, a great bike, by all accounts, although I must admit to being rather cynical about magazine reviews of bikes these days. There are only two problems with the synapse, you cannot get hold of them, as the UK distributor of cannondale bikes is shit, second, as it is a more sportive set up, I have a feeling that it will be less lively and fizzy than the Scott, much like the trek was, either way I guess, they are all great bikes, so whichever I get will serve me well, but it is a really tough decision.

I had my eye on the Trek Domane 4.5 until I stumbled into the bicycling brothel that is the Rose Versand website. If you've got time to wait about 6 weeks for a build I heartily recommend it.

A quick question, does anyone here own a Garmin of any description? I am looking at the moment, and I am getting a little confused.

I am after a GPS computer, which will also navigate a pre-determined route for me, not too worried about massive map displays etc, but a turn left/right indicator would be useful.

Also the heart rate and other bits may be useful at some point.

Do the 200/500 do the navigation bit, as they seem rather pricey if they do not?

Does anyone know?

Cheers

I use a Garmin 500 which I got for Xmas, The Pits, it does everything i need but it is not a navigation system. It will do "breadcrumb" mapping but I've never utilised that.
I think that'll do what you need, i think mine was £130.00. I use a heart rate monitor (borrowed) with it which cost around £25.00

This is for you, Wombcat:

:1st:

Last edited:
Well, I have ridden the synapse, and it is a truly fantastic bike, Howe er, it was not as zingy, nor alive as the Scott, so next week, I shall hopefully be unleashi g the good lady negotiator on the bike shop, to see if we can get some extra goodies, bottles and cages, computer etc.

I am getting quite excited!

I couldn't get comfy on the supersix. It looked like a really good bike but not for me. The Scott is somewhere between the Synapse and the Supersix in terms of positions, and as there is a sloping top tube, I fit better (I have short legs and a long torso in relation to my height!)

A safety campaign for cyclist was banned because the rider wasn't wearing a helmet, also do they think that a bike is going to rear up and bolt like a horse or kick out with it rear wheel? I understand the need to give cyclist room but the horse analogy is a bit much as motorist would be passing them at about 2 miles per hour like they do horses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/acti...cling-banned-because-rider-had-no-helmet.html

Think cyclist, think horse.

Oh the jokes are just flowing through my brain as I type...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom