Cycling

I entered it, long route. See you there The Pits?
Shorter route shares the first 30 miles as longer, it seems. Same price for each route.

Last edited:
I'm going to see if i can make it, its only a couple of weeks away, but i was hoping to give it a bash. Lets see. Are you going with anyone?

B&B might indeed be a smart move.

Next saturday I'll be doing Rad am RIng (if the weather is good): a few laps on the Nordschleife of the Nurburgring. Last year I did the 75 km, this year I'll be going for the 150 km. Big question: will I be able to beat my maximum speed of 97 km/h.

Last edited:
Rad am Ring sounds like a good challenge. I have driven round, and some of the hills look rather a challenge on a bike, although the run down the main straight looks like you could get up some serious speed, especially in a group and with no wind.

Good luck on your top speed, personally I have difficulty getting much over 30!

And good luck on the 150km, a lovely setting for the mileage though!

The main straight? You mean the last part of the Nordschleife? That's mostly uphill.

And indeed it is a challenge. I think the maximum percentage uphill is 18%, at the Hohe Acht.

Well, gethinceri my entry has been made to the Mendip sportive, long route. 91 miles, and 3 cat 3 climbs. I will hopefully be able to make it all the way round, about 30 miles more than I have done for a long while.

Now I need to work out my travel arrangements!!

I survived Rad am Ring:cheer:Although the last lap I didn't feel really alive anymore.
Only hit a maximumspeed of 90,3:( On a german forum I saw a lot complaining of lower maximum speeds, and suggestions there was a little headwind there.

I finished in 5h13, over 150km with 3000 meters of ascension that's not too bad, but I was hoping to do it in less than 5 hours. But my laptimes went up too much, especially in the last 2 laps:
45:40
48:03
50:37 (with 40 second pitstop for taking water)
52:04
56:41 (again with 40 second pitstop for taking water and a few bars)
1:00:45
Although i was a bit behind scedule after 4 laps, the drop in laptime up until then was OK, but in the last two laps the kilometers and the ascension began to wear me really down. The last lap and a half was a bit too much, especially in the last one I was literally crawling in the last meters of Höhe Acht, hitting a lowest speed of 6 km/h.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom