Television Best and worst of Television!

I know what cats get up to. At the moment we are in a temporary lull, once they realise that the dog has gone back home they will be back.

Not sure but was an explosive finale to the last one. I had to check wiki to make sure the deceased characters died in the right historical manner and all seems good there so at least they are keeping true to history with a healthy dose of fantasy.

Aye, last episode was great!

It's crap how they never tell you when it's back on air, plus it's on fox, I never go on the fox channel, so if there were adverts for it, I would miss them.

What did you type in to find all that out?

Forgot to mention, Lucrezia is stunning :D

I just went onto wikipedia and looked up the Medici family tree. I'm already loosely familiar with the story line due to Assassins Creed 2 just had to cross reference the names and dates and work out who is real and who isn't.

Actor James Gandolfini of The Sopranos fame has died at age 51 from masive heart attack. His wife had given birth to a baby girl back in October. Sad news. RIP.

Greenlantern101 I saw it advertised in the paper this morning. Long before South Park featured the (dis)ability Viz had it covered:

1351720031017.jpg

I have a number of worst TV shows:

• Big Bang Theory- More disappointing than anything. When I had pretensions to be one of those types you see on this programme, I was told that I must watch it. But I found the jokes to be tediously repetitive, and not that funny in the first place. The one saving grace is Jim Parsons' acting, but it's not enough for me to like the programme.
  • ITV's daytime schedule- It's only because I was ill the other day, but I realised how tedious their programming really is. From the finger-pointing aural attack that is the Jeremy Kyle Show to the tedium of Let's do Lunch ('Look at him he's Italian with imperfect English') or even a programme that seemed to be a father and son where they would compete to undercook meat in Cornwall with the only point of interest 'Look at that Moustache!'. Loose Women is (and I know it's a popular view) utterly dreadful.
  • Emmerdale- It feels like sacrilege as I'm a Yorkshireman, but what does Emmerdale do better than Coronation Street or Eastenders (hardly my favourite TV programmes, but I can see what people get out of watching it). At least Doctors doesn't seem to care that they and we know it's pretty rubbish, but Emmerdale has to try to beat the other two where it can only fail because it's a stodgy, little-bit-naff affair.
  • Tipping Point- This might have come under 'ITV daytime'- but this 'game' show has to have a section of it's own. Presented by Mr. Bland himself, the whole game relies upon 'the mistress' that is the dreaded machine, a glorified Blackpool amusement rigged not to pay out to the contestants. Contestants are often faced with the huge task of choosing a number between 1 and 4, a task that is harder than all the actual questions asked by the host. It's also frustrating as ITV actually can make a decent quiz programme, look at the programme that follows it- 'The Chase'- which isn't a rocket science and brain surgery type operation, it's fairly simple, without being totally braindead and has a format which works.

Okay this is just ****ing ridiculous Coronation Street is running a story line on racism, all well and good, but Loyd who is the one offended by a racist remark, needs to get some cover for the switch in Street Car's and what does he say? And I quote.

"I'll get Fat Brenda to cover."

I mean what the ****! surely calling someone who happens to be rotund "Fat" as an adjective to their name is just as bad and wrong as any other type of bigotry?

I know it's not real but for ****s sake try to be consistent ITV you idiots...

Back
Top Bottom