Television Best and worst of Television!

Hannibal (Sky Living) is very good indeed - dark, disturbing and very well-filmed. Only downside is having to tune your ear to Mads Mikkelsen's accent, but other than that, it's excellent.

Agree with Slyboogy about Elementary - a very good take on the Holmes canon (plus it's got Lucy Liu). Can't wait for Sherlock season 3 though!

Watched the first episode of "Top of the Lake" last night on Sky+, which looks rather good so far.

Started the final season of Dexter too - frankly, I'm looking forward to it being over now, as it hasn't been much cop since season 5, and I cannot stand watching Jennifer Carpenter doing her awful hitching crying anymore. I'm reasonably intrigued as to how they're going to resolve the whole thing though...

ITV is not allowed in our house. Everything they show is utter dross.

Bloody BBC and fact checkers. After the debacle that was the White Queen I'm now watching the real story behind it. I'm disappointed already, they can't even get a simple town in the right location. They have said the battle of Towton was in South Yorkshire, it's clearly in North Yorkshire. Come on BBC what are you doing with our license fees?

I'll tell you what i did avoid seeing, and that was the ****ing program on Lady Di's frock auction, how tedious must that have been for any red blooded male on the planet....

Last edited:
He was thinking "bugger, I left it too late, now Camilla's married so that ship has sailed. I need a wife to produce a son and heir, phwoar !!! She's a bit of all right, I'll marry her, oops she's madder than 11 monkeys in a 10 monkey barrell, Oh hang on, there's a long traddition of having affairs in the royal family, oh that's a win win situation, divorce, suits me fine, hey I'm not the bad guy here, she's was going like a rabbit on crack throughout our marriage as well, just look at the little ginger 'un, oh now I really do look like the bad guy, well at least I can marry the woman I loved from day one, and finally, everyone is happy"

That's what he was thinking.

He was thinking "bugger, one left it too late, now Camilla's married so that ship has sailed. One needs a wife to produce a son and heir, phwoar !!! She's a bit of all right, one will marry her, oops she's madder than 11 monkeys in a 10 monkey barrell, Oh hang on, there's a long traddition of having affairs in the royal family, oh that's a win win situation, divorce, suits one fine, hey one is not the bad guy here, she's was going like a rabbit on crack throughout ones marriage as well, just look at the little ginger 'un, oh now one really does look like the bad guy, well at least one can marry the woman one loved from day one, and finally, everyone is happy"

That's what he was thinking.

Corrections are in bold.

I have infinite sympathy for anyone who is ruled by others' expectations.

Dynastic and 'necessary' marriages are always flawed because they deny either party options.

And I believe both parties in this case were spoilt brats and acted accordingly

Totally agree Jen, but one of the brats had big doe eyes and could look all sullen and sad in front of a TV camera while the other was a balding, middle age man with big ears, obviously pubilc sympathy was only going in one direction.

Charlie's big problem was that he needed to marry a virgin and from the right stock. Enter Lady Diana Spencer who should have heard alarm bells when he made that "whatever love is" comment when being quizzed at their engagement.

I watched the documentry on Uri Gellar, last night on Iplayer just out of curiosity more than anything else. It mainly consisted of Gellar saying things like "I did some top secret work for Mossad, the CIA, the Mexican government and uncle Tom Cobbly and all". The interviewer then followed this up with "So can you confirm what you did?" and in every case Gellar replied "No, I can't tell you about it".

Apart from some dubious testing conducting in America by a think tank that had links to the CIA there was little else of weight in the documentary. It turns out that with a quick bit of internet research, most of the tests conducted by the Stanford research institute have been revealed as seriously flawed. There were one or two areas where you did think, hmmm I wonder how he did that but then you think the same about any magician.

At the end of the day, I was left wondering if Gellar had a new book or TV series to promote because the whole "Psychic spoon bender" thing is so mid 70's. Gellar has been stumped on a number of occasions, not least by well known magician and investigator James Randi, so you have to admire him for keeping it up.

Bit more on Prince Charles is that he did try to get engaged to Camilla before she married anyone, but her stock was not high enough and was refused. He was near as dammit told to marry Diana as there were expectations of the royal family.

But as most say, spoilt, overpaid, job for life - yes, we're talking about the upper class, toffee nosed heads of the unions ;)

Back
Top Bottom