BBC to axe F1 from 2013? Confirmed - F1 will be on Sky from 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS... By my reckoning, the minimum price you (may) be able to get F1 for 2012 will be 37.50 per month....... and if you want it in HD, you'll need to pay 44.50 a month.... That's not exactly £10 a month to watch F1!

The difference now with the latest revelations is that I may not be paying any more money at all for F1. Sky are even talking about the possibility that the F1 channel will be available of free view. I equate that to £0 per month.

PS... By my reckoning, the minimum price you (may) be able to get F1 for 2012 will be 37.50 per month....... and if you want it in HD, you'll need to pay 44.50 a month.... That's not exactly £10 a month to watch F1!

It's not £40 a month for F1, It's £40 a month for F1 plus other sports which keeps us men happy but you will get another 300 channels of reality TV, crap soaps, shopping channels plus the odd wildlife repeats from BBC. Maybe we should be getting our other halves to pay for sky as they will be watching more of it? (waits for the slap)

The difference now with the latest revelations is that I may not be paying any more money at all for F1. Sky are even talking about the possibility that the F1 channel will be available of free view. I equate that to £0 per month.

Ah, so you're talking about the marginal cost of watching F1 on sky, for someone who already pays for it.... However, for those that don't have sky already, the marginal cost is actually extremely high!

Nope. Re-read. I said Freeview. Not confirmed but they are trying to work a deal.

I don't pay for Sky either. I have a basic Virgin package. No Sky Sports or any of that. Virgin are also negotiating a deal with Sky to provide the F1 channel at no extra cost.

Basically, don't get upset yet. It may still be free to all of us.

I provide the bumpkin vote - I hate to say it that BT is the only phone provider who doesn't rip you off through not being in town, and satellite is the only sensible TV option as analogue and digital tend to have too many obstructions to be reliable.

As a result I've ended in the "smelling of roses" brigade as I already have Sky HD and have to say that through taking offense at the BBCs determination to dumb down for the masses I will watch only Sky even if it runs second best.

By the way - I too can sit through that dancing show, but any TV that shows Eastenders must be burned immediately!

I can't believe they are still sending the whole team to every race. This confirms that thier savings are not on operational costs, but almost entirely on funding Bernie's bottomless pockets.

I think they spent £60m last year, £20m for production, and £40m for Bernie. So with the whole team still going to each race, 10 whole races and 10 highlights, they will now spend about £50m. What a saving!

I think they spent £60m last year, £20m for production, and £40m for Bernie. So with the whole team still going to each race, 10 whole races and 10 highlights, they will now spend about £50m. What a saving!

Surely they are not still paying Bernie £40m? I would imagined Sky have covered that off.

Martin Brundle has confirmed he will join SKY 's F1 team in 2012 after admitting it in his Sunday Telegraph.

His reasons are that he wants to do the whole season live and get the buzz from it plus he's been promised that its advertising free uninterrupted coverage

Thoughts please?

Well done Barbara Slater of the BBC there are words I can't use to describe her stupid decision now

I know Bernie was getting a reported £65 million per year from the deal, but I don't know how it breaks down. I heard that the BBC were spending £120 million through to 2018 - £17 million per year?

I know Bernie was getting a reported £65 million per year from the deal, but I don't know how it breaks down. I heard that the BBC were spending £120 million through to 2018 - £17 million per year?

Remember at the same time they will be planning job cuts and cost savings as well but what is costing them a lot of money to run then

I am not surprised if Brundle has agreed a deal with SKY because it was his paymasters - the BBC who shafted everyone including the fans that forced this situation

Why commentate live on half the season and how are you going keep viewers interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom