BBC F1 2012

I watched the race live (not on Sky) and then the rerun on the Beeb. Somehow the Beeb managed to reduce the race from 'stonking' to 'fairly pedestrian'.

For me, the 'partnership' doesn't work!

I would like to see full race highlights, hopefully they can change that soon, they should get it for Monza i heard many say?

I would assume the BBC’s contractually limited on how much of the race they can show when they’ve got the highlights weekend, either a max time or percentage of the race, so even if their program was long enough they probably couldn’t show all or 99% of the race. Just a guess though.

Yeah, so I won't be watching BBC's not-live races however often Jake Humphrey makes a hilarious quip about EJ. He's on a strike rate similar to Paul Robinson's goalscoring rate at the moment, though!
426/2! But I like the BBC coverage, I find it entertaining, I also find sky coverage entertaining but for different ways. I did miss the sky pre-race coverage and I'm pretty upset by that but different story, BBC coverage seemed to flow better post race

I liked Jos The Boss's sky coverage. Accurate, insightful and succinct. Oops, sorry ... where's the weather thread?:thinking:
It took a while for me to get that! Nicely done, reminds me of Brundle opening line for the Hungarian GP when it was just announced the Sky will have all the rest:
Sky has closed in ... and once again we have changeable and challenging conditions for the drivers.”
That's what i call vocally genius!

But could Jos do rugby like Lazenby?
Well I played rugby in school PE before and I was decent as I could actually tackle unlike all the other people who were scared! Also I am quite fast so a reoccuring theme appeared of passing to me and running through the non tacklers! But that's a different story! I sometimes pretend to know what I'm talking about when a rugby match is on, so it would be like him and f1!

The Sky coverage is far more informative than the BBC's which I like I don't just follow F1 for the racing and I cannot believe the BBC are promoting this years coverage as "Award Winning" more like "Half a Job" if you ask me...

I think we'll only get a clear view of how Ben Edwards and DC are together when we get the first live BBC race of the year. However i did watch the highlights show and did think their sounded miles better together than MB and the other DC. TBH I adore Ben Edwards voice and could listen to it all day long, his knowledge of motorsport in general is just sensational not just F1 all forms of it.

Back
Top Bottom