Ask The Apex

Last June the FIA announced that a Romanian team named Forza Rossa was to join the 2015 grid. Later in November it was announced they wouldn't be here until 2016. Since then I've not heard a dickie bird. Anyone know if they are still planning to join the sport?

As far as I know they still are RasputinLives we just haven't hear anything on that front because unlike Haas they haven't bought anyone's assets nor have they been involved in rumors to become a Ferrari Junior Team. Also speculating about the driver lineup for a Romanian team is not quite as fun as an American team. Colin Kolles is running an LMP1 entry at Le Mans this year, probably a sign that his finances are just fine.

This post from RasputinLives in the race thread
I think he'll win on Sunday and to make it more exciting he'll jump out the car and have a cheese sandwich at the pit stop.
sparked something deep in my memory about a driver who stopped for lunch part way through a grand prix and still went on to win. I think it was at Spa, does this ring a bell for anyone else?

edit: found it.. it was Antonio Ascari (the great Alberto's father) in 1925.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone can help with this but if you don't ask...
Apparently at either the 1952 or 1953 grand prix at Reims Stirling Moss was down in the souvenir programme as Stirling Moose.
I was wondering if this was true and how I could find out - apart from asking you experts!
cheers.
I know you have now found the answer to your question but I did some looking when I first saw your post and this caught my eye.

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19363/lot/368/

official programs from the Grand Prix in Reims from 1950, 1951 and 1954,

I thought typical the very two years you were asking about and they aren't in the collection, maybe they are very rare, still I'm not sure the lot is worth 5,400 quid though..

Nope, it's a genuine 1967 International trophy program. Some of the races even have the top 3 positions penciled in by the previous owner. I bought it about 20 years ago at an antiques fair for about a fiver if I remember correctly.

Of the three, I have Graham Hill's autograph. I've been trying to collect the Autographs of every works Lotus driver.

I've got Ronnie Peterson's and Colin Chapman's. Plus many others.

I think I'm going to have to dream about owning Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna though.

The chat in the Hamilton thread about the tyres being called "option" and "prime" nudged something in my memory again... Normally, the option is softer than the prime, but there was one Grand Prix where it was reversed and the option was the harder of the tyres and the prime was softer. The reason was to do with the drivers being allowed 7 sets of primes and only 6 sets of options. Does anyone know which race this was? :thinking:

I think the soft tyres were somehow more durable than the hard tyres on that track so they called the prime option and the option prime just to make it crystal clear that option was hard and prime was soft even though the prime is hard and the option is soft if you get my drift.

Edit.

It's a French thing alright or is it Italian I don't know what county makes the bloody tyres anyway I'm all confused now.:twisted:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom