Ask The Apex

When was the last complete season that Ferrari didn't win a race? 1993? They even managed one in 2009 somehow.

I'm not sure but probably 1995 the year before Schumacher joined them.

1993 is correct. In 1995 Jean Alesi won in Montreal, 1994 was Berger in Hockenheim.

For the sake of accuracy, Indy 2005 does count unfortunately.

Also that pits question, I know many drivers have led races from lowly grid slots. But leading a race from the pits is pretty rare, considering the disadvantage one gets. I knew once Hamilton did it, it was almost unprecedented in not only F1, but racing in general.

Last edited:
Marcus Winklehock did it. He dived into the pits before the start of the German Grand Prix and put wets on. Everyone else crashed. He lead by about forty seconds.

I think your question exceeded track limits and ended up on a stretch of tarmac Bushi . It got a drive-though.
Wouldn't have happened if your question had been asked somewhere with grass and gravel traps. ;)

I'd take a guess at Marc Surer back in 1981 for Ensign who finished 4th in Brazil and 6th at Monaco but there might have been later ones.

Actually now that I think of it, both Prost and Arrows became single-car entrants after the first-lap collision at Spa in 1998, since the regulations stated the first two laps were declared null and void if the race was stopped before completion. They only had one spare car each. And they both finished in the points. Can't quite remember who waas driving them though.

EDIT Diniz and Trulli.

Last edited:
Yes, designed by ex-Ferrari Gustav Brunner.
More than a passing resemblance...

1988-montreal-ad-1.jpg

6795321995_a5c806d57b_z.jpg

Can't you? Hmm. That's me bugged now. I was convinced that's where I'd read it, because Autocourses are the only F1 stuff I'd kept from that period.
Damn, why didn't I just take all my motor racing books with me when I left the family home? I could have played MR Right all the time and annoyed you all with my corrections and anorakish facts?...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom