Art Work/Paintings Of Formula One Grand Prix Cars And Drivers

Hamilton.jpg

If you register for the Mercedes GP website you get access to some art work they have commissioned. This is my current wallpaper...

Hey FB, the brushstrokes of the work below are quite rich. I love the colours! What do you think of it?

Scumacher.jpg

The above was displayed in the reception area of the Queen Elizabeth the weekend of the Grand Prix. I like it the most of all the paintings I saw. There is also one of an old Ferrari.

Coming up

It is a Sharknose 156, so it's either Phil Hill or von Trips. They weren't consistent with the numbering back then so both drivers used no.4 in '61...If I had to guess I'd say the picture is supposed to be the Karussel on the Nordschleife, in which case it would be Phil. He probably makes a more likely subject than Trips, too.

... it's either Phil Hill or von Trips. ...both drivers used no.4 in '61...If I had to guess I'd say the picture is supposed to be the Karussel ... Phil....He probably makes a more likely subject than Trips, too.

Think this is the photo the painting is based on.

Galahad and FB, you guys are the best! :)

What a wonderful membership we have here on Clip The Apex!

Just Wonderful! :1st:

Jenson Button's Painting at Montreal coming up...

During the race, the Vettel pic next to him fell off the wall...

There was a Red Indian witch doktor who had taken Jenson for the race at 10-1 and had put a curse on that Vettel painting. He did one rain dance after another so that Vettel could keep losing his hard earned lead. It worked...and the Voodoo man bailed out Jenson and, then, the hexed painting falling - as you so rightly say - was what made Vettel lose the back end just enough to let Jenson through so he could collect on his wager! :snigger:

It's tough times for witch doktors, you know! ;)

What job? They're firing people. Credit Suisse, HSBC, Goldman Sachs. All of 'em.

They're in head count reduction mode!

Yeah, so what they really need is someone with special skills. Someone who could magic their investments up. A witch doctor. The recession has been caused by a lack of them.

Yeah, so what they really need is someone with special skills. Someone who could magic their investments up. A witch doctor. The recession has been caused by a lack of them.

Yes! Now I get it! ;)

I'll get on it right away and start by calling the reception of the Queen E in Montreal and asking for the contact details of that red indian voodoo man! :snigger:

If his magic fails, he can always use smoke and mirrors to give us the illusion of a healthy global economy! :)

PS

I hear Harry Potter and his gang of wizards and witches is in need of some employment given their 8 movie deal is done.

Back
Top Bottom