1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Italian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by vintly, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

People were being nauseated by the compliments and congratulations that Lewis was receiving, in only after his second race in F1 at Bahrain.

So I'm not surprised by your feelings at all.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Lewywo4 - This is why though. Nothing gets peoples backs up more than hearing weeks and months of praise and awe directed at someone, followed swiftly by people complaining that the praise and awe has been insufficiently gracious.

If you decide anyone who is not a worshipper is a hater, you'll find a lot of haters. And you'll create a few too.

Road of Bones likes this.
  4. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

teabagyokel Are you talking about me?
    I have been conjured by Sky F1 and Ted Fourty-Four Kravitz, my hate is divine, my hate is pure, my hate is true, I am hate, I have risen from hell to hate, to hate one person, to hate one driver, to hate Lewis Hamilton.

Well, according to someone here at least. LOL

On the other hand, I have been also called a troll, therefore, all of the above has to be questioned and that someone should make up his mind whether I am a troll or a hater, maybe I'm a hermaphrodite. :D

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    teabagyokel likes this.
  5. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I wasn't. I don't think you're alone.

Loving "Ted Forty-Four Kravitz" as a nickname!

6. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

teabagyokel.....The hate that already exists their with some, and it doesn't take compliments and congratulations, that they hear to bring that out.

To think of a person who isn't a so-called worshipper, and then automatically considered to be a hater, is just completely unreasonable.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  7. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

We live in an unreasonable world which is going downhill.

Lewywo4 likes this.
  8. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

I don't hate Hamilton though, nor was I trolling and the subject of the discussion wasn't Hamilton but the pole record, however, some tried to change the subject of the discussion.
    It's not Hamilton either, I can't blame him for being in a Mercedes, I can't blame him for being talented, it's solely SkyF1 who are, in parts, completely biased about some drivers which ruins the experience. If people hate Hamilton for Sky representing him as they do, they are clearly not capable of differentiating and should consider cancelling their Sky subscription..

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    i never got the people ranting over the airtime Lewis Hamilton gets on sky, admittedly if he was foreign you have a point. Lewis Hamilton is british, sky is broadcasted to a largely british audience. in present company i dont need to list his achievements as we all know he is highly successful over the last decade so should be expected that we get this.

just like how im sure following tv broadcasters do exact thing to the teams/drivers
    Americans - Haas
    Australians - Riccardo
    Austria - Red Bull
    Beligians - Vandoorne
    Brazilian - Massa
    Canadian - Stroll
    Danish - Magussen
    Dutch - Verstappen
    Finnish - Bottas/Kimi
    French - Renault /Ocon or Grosjean
    Germans - Vettel
    Italian - Ferrari
    Japanese - Honda
    Mexicans - Perez
    Russians - Kyvat
    Spanish - Alonso/Sainz
    Swedish - Ericsson

10. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Australia and Canada have the same sky broadcast as us.

11. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

F1Brits_90 I know that’s why I said, people that don’t like it should unsubscribe, if they don’t like SkyF1, but certainly shouldn’t hate Hamilton.
    Here in Germany, I can confirm that it’s the same, especially the period between 2009 and 2014 was unbearable, so that I watched the races on mute. They were trash talking Alonso, Hamilton, Webber etc. and always finding excuses when Vettel made a mistake such as Canada 2011 or Malaysia 2012. That though is no reason to hate Vettel, just a reason to mute the ridiculous commentators.

Actually, you’d find ORF the Austrian channel broadcasting F1 is not so much a Red Bull focused channel, they are what I’d consider to be very neutral in comparison to the other channels I know. Wurz and Hausleitner are a knowledgable team and do a good job commentating.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  12. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I know that it is the rule rather than the exception but I would still contend that jingoism does not a great sports broadcast make. Plus I absolutely promise that a one-eyed media portrayal of a sportsman will create a knee-jerk opposite reaction.

13. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Compared to James Allen when he was commentating on ITV, Sky could be thought of as Hammy haters.

14. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I suspect it'd have been divided loyalties if he'd had Hamilton vs Schumacher.

15. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    interesting i always find other countries broadcasts fascinating but that boring part of me. surprised at Austria as i thought it would be red bull back to back.

16. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Surely even the Russians don't rate Kvatt?

Lewywo4 likes this.
  17. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

I wish that here in the states we had that option.

Share This