1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Italian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by vintly, Aug 27, 2017.

1. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yay Hamilton broke the record for number of poles.

:bored:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. olegg

olegg Race Winner

And this is not the finish yet.
    I sure.
    And the conditions in which the record was set only emphasizes the class of Hamilton.
    This is in contrast to those, who say that Hamilton only is lucky

Mezzer and Lewywo4 like this.
  4. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

He is lucky!

He's lucky it rained so he could dominate hard!

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I'd love to say that I'm excited about Hamilton breaking Schumacher's record, and it is quite an achievement, but all records in modern F1 just seem so meaningless. We have so many races now, seasons dominated by one or two cars and a couple of drivers, the new points system and younger and younger drivers that whenever a record is "broken" it just washes over me.

F1 2017, although I've enjoyed many of the races this season, is a very long way from being a golden age.

Anyway, back to the race, I was out for qualie and glad I wasn't sitting about waiting for it to start. Expect Hamilton to run away with it tomorrow as the Force India and Williams hold up those behind. Maybe for 10 laps we will have some excitement and then the race will wither away and we will be sitting watching tyres being as the most exciting thing on offer.

Bill Boddy and siffert_fan like this.
  6. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    that eventually because as i said on chat like Guinness famous slogan. "good things come to those who wait" wait and wait and wait & wait some more. but it was easily my favourite qualifying in yrs. because i love it went drivers are on the edge, where the drivers ability counts for more than cars pace. undoubtedly outstanding lap from Lewis to be 1.1secs clear in them conditions & that field is highly impressive.

but for me lewis isnt the star today. because have to hand it to next generation verstappen, ocon, vandoorne & stroll all highly impressive. i know alot of have bashed stroll this season but the guy has talent undoubtedly just got to give him time. as you cant fluke that sort of performance in wet

Chasz and vintly like this.
  7. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    also a nice bit of innuendo as well.
    received_10214220105205702.jpeg

Chasz likes this.
  8. Speshal

Speshal Champion Elect Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    ;)

[​IMG]

Mezzer, Chasz, FB and 1 other person like this.
  9. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    image.jpeg

The Pits likes this.
  10. olegg

olegg Race Winner

More races in the season is larger psychological and physical stress for drivers.
    And of course everything is relative.
    Where are the others, whose statistics of pole positions are comparable with Hamilton?
    Even Vettel still very far away from him.

Chasz and Lewywo4 like this.
  11. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Pole. Positions. Don't. Matter.

12. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Pole position - Wikipedia

13. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Another win and double for Hamilton: 59 and 38
    Michael - 91 and 40

14. Speshal

Speshal Champion Elect Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Well that was dull......

15. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Ricciardo - driver of the race

rufus_mcdufus likes this.
  16. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

If another British driver like Jenson, would've achieved what Lewis had regarding pole positions, rest assured olegg the compliments and congratulation would be flowing,

Chasz likes this.
  17. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

:shocked:

18. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I've not heard anything but Hamilton having a pole record for the last two weeks! The "compliments and congratulation" has been half way to nauseating.

Every pole is in an attempt to win the race. Every pole. Hamilton as 2nd for wins is more important and impressive than 1st for poles.

Hamberg likes this.
  19. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

Michael S is still on a better race/win ratio than Hamilton but only just. There is a good chance Hamilton will take top spot before his career is out.

20. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't back against him taking top spot, nor would back against him finishing behind Sebastian Vettel either.

It will all depend on what machinery they all have.

The record I think it would be unique for him to keep is that of winning a race in each of the seasons he's competed in. That is astonishing.

Chasz and Hamberg like this.
  21. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I' cant remember but every pole and wins Hamilton gets will set him further away from Vettel who at one stage was considered possibly going to overtake Schumacher's record but were it not for his barren seasons in 2014 and 2016

Vettel might have enough time in his career left now to beat those records unless he somehow keeps winning with Ferrari and manages to prolong his stay without being screwed by the politics within Maranello

Share This