2017 Indianapolis 500

watched plently of indy 500s before but not few yrs since sky lost contract. am i right in thinking Alonso actually got realistic shot at this. as for most of this month its been like Leicester. nice while it lasts but never believed he could be this competitive

not bad company abit ago he was 4th he was surrounded by 3 former winners hunter reay rossi kanaan & family of winners in Rahal

gutted for alonso never been out of top 10 & making his way up into 5th & guess as much as things change they stay same whether its indy 500 or F1 same outcome. blown honda engine :teary:

I'd love to see him back for the 2018 500. Even with no victory, brilliant month of May for him, everyone been a winner out of this (well apart from honda :D). id worry about F1 getting him back as after being so competitive. i bet canada & more grid penalties seems quite unappealing after today

I love Taku, so I don't mind that he won and Alonso didn't.
Max would've been a very satisfactory result, too.

Really pleased for Taku. I honestly thought he was a better driver than he was often given credit for in F1. A great result for him.

i think alonso will likely be back next year. possibility as a full time indycar drive with a duel LMP contract in 2018. as it seems every door is shutting & he called that 1 of his greatest experiences of his career

gethinceri i was worried if chilton won indy 500, that would be 2 ex manor drivers in consecutive yrs. that Rio Haryanto might thought ill have go at that in 2018. LOL

also getting back into watching it after couple yrs away. 1 big difference between f1 & indycar, if f1 team does 7.3sec pitstop. someone gets fired. indycar high 5

I guess that I'm just biased towards any F1 driver at winning the Indy 500, even the monied Chilton. By the way who had done an excellent job.

Fantastic performance from Alonso, but I'd like to see him at Monaco next year rather than Indy, in a front running F1 car.

Chilton did what Chilton does best. He was consistent, error free and stayed out of trouble, he's a poor man's Fernando Alonso.

Personally, I suspect he'll never win the World Championship again, so I'd love to see him have a proper tilt at the Triple Crown by returning to Indianapolis and by having a go at Le Mans too.

Don't think seeing the sad shadow-Alonso overachieving into 8th is a more enjoyable experience than seeing him cement a legacy as a true motorsport legend.

I don't see how anyone can say Honda engines were c**p when they had six of the top ten places, including the winner!

I also think that, if Honda had 100% reliability, Hunter-Reay would have disappeared into the distance! IMO, HE is the one that should be most annoyed with Honda.

Someone's pinky has to go at Honda after this. Feel gutted for Alonso.

I rather see the entire F1 field doing this than race at Monaco, let the reserve drivers race there.

No chance. According to the Motorsport global survey, its one of the top 4 essential tracks don't you know.

:rolleyes:

Well they can still keep it, but it's for the reserve drivers.

Don't know how you guys watched Indy, but I watched an american stream. And I do not know if i watched more indy 500 or commercials,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom