1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IndyCar 2017 Indianapolis 500

Discussion in 'General Motorsport' started by Galahad, May 20, 2017.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    watched plently of indy 500s before but not few yrs since sky lost contract. am i right in thinking Alonso actually got realistic shot at this. as for most of this month its been like Leicester. nice while it lasts but never believed he could be this competitive

not bad company abit ago he was 4th he was surrounded by 3 former winners hunter reay rossi kanaan & family of winners in Rahal

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Deja vu all over again for Fernando.

4. Porceliamone

Porceliamone This cost me a tenner, but so L'Oreal. Contributor

Just savage. **** sake.

5. Porceliamone

Porceliamone This cost me a tenner, but so L'Oreal. Contributor

All we wanted was a full run chance. Again, robbed of the spectacle.

6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Gutted for Alonso on this occasion. He's taken to Indy like a duck to water and deserved better.

He must really really hate Honda right now.

Lewywo4, F1Brits_90 and Porceliamone like this.
  7. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    gutted for alonso never been out of top 10 & making his way up into 5th & guess as much as things change they stay same whether its indy 500 or F1 same outcome. blown honda engine :teary:

I'd love to see him back for the 2018 500. Even with no victory, brilliant month of May for him, everyone been a winner out of this (well apart from honda :D). id worry about F1 getting him back as after being so competitive. i bet canada & more grid penalties seems quite unappealing after today

Lewywo4 likes this.
  8. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I love Taku, so I don't mind that he won and Alonso didn't.
    Max would've been a very satisfactory result, too.

Lewywo4 likes this.
  9. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Really pleased for Taku. I honestly thought he was a better driver than he was often given credit for in F1. A great result for him.

Lewywo4 likes this.
  10. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I mean, he scored points for Super Aguri. Twice. But this is a good achievement too. ;)

F1Brits_90 and cider_and_toast like this.
  11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    i think alonso will likely be back next year. possibility as a full time indycar drive with a duel LMP contract in 2018. as it seems every door is shutting & he called that 1 of his greatest experiences of his career

gethinceri i was worried if chilton won indy 500, that would be 2 ex manor drivers in consecutive yrs. that Rio Haryanto might thought ill have go at that in 2018. LOL

also getting back into watching it after couple yrs away. 1 big difference between f1 & indycar, if f1 team does 7.3sec pitstop. someone gets fired. indycar high 5

gethinceri likes this.
  12. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

I guess that I'm just biased towards any F1 driver at winning the Indy 500, even the monied Chilton. By the way who had done an excellent job.

Fantastic performance from Alonso, but I'd like to see him at Monaco next year rather than Indy, in a front running F1 car.

13. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Chilton did what Chilton does best. He was consistent, error free and stayed out of trouble, he's a poor man's Fernando Alonso.

14. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Personally, I suspect he'll never win the World Championship again, so I'd love to see him have a proper tilt at the Triple Crown by returning to Indianapolis and by having a go at Le Mans too.

Don't think seeing the sad shadow-Alonso overachieving into 8th is a more enjoyable experience than seeing him cement a legacy as a true motorsport legend.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  15. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Given Alonso's reception and performance we might see half the grid at Monaco made up of reserve drivers next year LOL

cider_and_toast and Kewee like this.
  16. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I don't see how anyone can say Honda engines were c**p when they had six of the top ten places, including the winner!

I also think that, if Honda had 100% reliability, Hunter-Reay would have disappeared into the distance! IMO, HE is the one that should be most annoyed with Honda.

Andyoak and Galahad like this.
  17. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

Someone's pinky has to go at Honda after this. Feel gutted for Alonso.

I rather see the entire F1 field doing this than race at Monaco, let the reserve drivers race there.

18. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I certainly hope so - might just kill off the F1 sleeping pill.

19. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    No chance. According to the Motorsport global survey, its one of the top 4 essential tracks don't you know.

:rolleyes:

20. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

Well they can still keep it, but it's for the reserve drivers.

Don't know how you guys watched Indy, but I watched an american stream. And I do not know if i watched more indy 500 or commercials,

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  21. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    cider_and_toast - Let me dream. LOL

Share This