2017 Indianapolis 500

Evening all. Tricky first part of qualifying for the Chevy-powered runners. Marco Andretti about to start the fast 9 session...

stunning from alonso, 231.3mph & he just kept getting faster bar last lap. You wouldnt believe he only went on oval 3 weeks ago

But With last winner rossi, 2012 shouldve won Hildebrand. Scott dixon & dark horse carpentier. I thought alonso could get beaten. But impressed because 3 of the laps were so simlair to rossi just 1st lap that let him down

Incredible run by Scott Dixon, 232.164. Alonso bumped to third with only Sato and Carpenter to run.

Not surprised by Dixon's pole. His time was very impressive yesterday considering he achieved it at a time when the track was green after the downpour that'd washed off any rubber on the track earlier in the day.

Last edited:
Scott dixon there doing what Scott dixon does there, shame he never got an F1 chance because he is as good as there is open wheel in the states

Alonso 5th & arguabley on single laps 3rd most consistant as Sato & carpenter really only above because of the 1 232 lap. As both 3rd & 4th laps were slower than alonso. Surely Exceeds all expectations alonso had for indy 500

Last edited:
He's been continually stressing that his priority remains Formula One for the foreseeable future but after this week and the ever-present smile on his face I wonder just how hooked he's become on indy racing...

Great day to be a Kiwi and an Alonso fan.....Scotty on pole and the whole family there to celebrate with him and Fernando off the middle of row two. Family means everything to Alonso, I'm sure he would have loved seeing Dixon's wife Emma and their two little girls waiting for him in pit lane after his pole run, you just don't see that closeness in F1.

I wonder too as he can challenge for victory in indycar & also have the freedom to combine a WEC program. I know Indycar would snap your hand off for him. For alonso he's got to think does he want a to battle for few pts in F1 or wins in indycar. As hes proving he still good enough when given equipment

As that fast 9 was the 1st time probally 4/5 yrs maybe longer that hes challenged for pole

Imagine my surprise when I went to look for the race result and found out they have qualifying a week before the race..... :o

I'd missed that on Alonso's helmet yesterday. Nice touch...

upload_2017-5-22_14-30-35.jpeg

3 Team Andretti cars in the first 5 spots! Reminicent of the Penske Team domination of bygone days.

Blimey. Dixon's day quickly turned from elation to fright yesterday. He along with his wife and Franchitti were robbed at gunpoint last night just half a mile from the circuit while ordering dinner at a drive-thru joint by a couple of teenaged attackers who pointed a gun at Scott's head and made off with Mrs dixon's wallet.

The pair were later caught but that's bound to put a bit of a crimp on your day though...

Last edited:
Another Honda engine failure - affecting Hinchcliffe - during final practice. That's gotta be a concern for the Honda runners this Sunday...

Imagine telling alonso that, we were worried about the honda engine in your car this evening

Alonso reply & Thats just a normal sunday for last 3 years LOL

Back
Top Bottom