1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Chinese Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by Greenlantern101, Mar 26, 2017.

1. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Ideal Lap (sum best sectors) in the Qual:
    Qual – No – Driver – Qual Result – Ideal Lap – Flaw
    1 - 44 - L.HAMILTON - 01:31,678 - 01:31,678 - 00,000
    2 - 5 - S.VETTEL - 01:31,864 - 01:31,809 - 00,055
    3 - 77 - V.BOTTAS - 01:31,865 - 01:31,865 - 00,000
    4 - 7 - K.RAIKKONEN - 01:32,140 - 01:32,012 - 00,128
    5 - 3 - D.RICCIARDO - 01:33,033 - 01:32,911 - 00,122
    6 - 19 - F.MASSA - 01:33,507 - 01:33,499 - 00,008
    7 - 27 - N.HULKENBERG - 01:33,580 - 01:33,524 - 00,056
    9 - 26 - D.KVYAT - 01:33,719 - 01:33,553 - 00,166
    8 - 11 - S.PEREZ - 01:33,706 - 01:33,705 - 00,001
    10 - 18 - L.STROLL - 01:34,220 - 01:33,930 - 00,290

4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Red Bull said they had bad handling problems, let's see how they get on at the coming races.

5. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Difference of lap time between Vettel and Bottas:
    1/1000th of a second = 5.9 centimeters

FB likes this.
  6. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Yeah crazy gap!

7. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    FB

How about the Ferrari now was potentially based on the ideals of James Allison before he was sacked and now he is at Mercedes.

When Adrian went from Williams to Mclaren in 1997. The Williams was clearly the fastest car but the gap disappeared from 2 seconds to basically nothing by the end of the season. Whereas the Mclaren under Newey who started late due to being forced on garden leave and therefore could not make an impact on 1997 Mclaren's design. It took until about mid season when Mclaren were probably the quickest car on the grid under Newey

So I think Ferrari have to make the most of what they have now until Allison fully unlocks the potential of the Mercedes which could become unbeatable by then

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    olegg
    An interesting name on the top 10 ... Dani Kyvat who out qualified the highly rated Sainz again. It looks Dani has found pace of Carlos because the gap was constantly last year 0.3 to 0.5 seconds and now its dead level or slightly quicker

I think this should be watched closely especially as Sainz is probably the most coveted driver available aside from Alonso who has not got a contract tying him down

9. olegg

olegg Race Winner

On the pre-season tests Sainz was constantly faster.
    And I doubted that Daniil will find his pace.
    I hope that today result isn't only technical problem on the Sainz car

10. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    olegg Dani is closer to Carlos than he was last year so part of that must be his head is in the right place

Everyone was marvelling at Alonso finishing 13th when the expectancy was that he would be near the back but that was more down to the other guys not having to abort their laps at the end of q1

But there is rain tomorrow so could be a lottery

11. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Alonso was in 10th at the end of P1, there were not enough drivers slowed by the accident to push him out of Q2.

12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    Strange to sum up qualifying now but with football national ant & dec ive been rather preoccupied

Lewis Hamilton knew it was a pole lap soon he finished he pulled a great lap at right time. But amazing 3.4 mile circuit & vettel bottas separated by 0.001s. Looking to tomorrow hopefully we have no farce like brazil & Verstappen has a brazil squeal

13. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

How much was the bet for?

14. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Surely most improved award needs to go to Stroll who went from qualifying 19th in Australia to 10th in China. Well done lad

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  15. LifeW12

LifeW12 Podium Finisher

Featured Threads:
    no bet

16. olegg

olegg Race Winner

11th HAT for HAM
    It's equal with Clark

106th POD for HAM
    It's equal with Prost

racecub likes this.
  17. Speshal

Speshal Champion Elect Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I await to stand corrected but everything I can find says that Hamilton bagged a Grand Chelem today. Pole, fastest lap, every lap led, win?

racecub likes this.
  18. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Yes.
    It is 3rd for him

1 - CLARK Jim - 8
    2 - ASCARI Alberto - 5
    3 - SCHUMACHER Michael - 5
    4 - STEWART Jackie - 4
    5 - SENNA Ayrton - 4
    6 - MANSELL Nigel - 4
    7 - VETTEL Sebastian - 4
    8 - PIQUET Nelson - 3
    9 - HAMILTON Lewis - 3

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Speshal likes this.
  19. steveg

steveg Points Scorer

Yet another interview by Verstappen. "I overtook nine cars"
    Yes Max we know. Bravo.

20. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    I quite enjoyed that grand prix. Some good action, great start, some nice tactical battles, great moves brundle was spot on when he says yes their is 100 overtakes less than 2016 but we had alot more 'memorable' overtakes loved the vettel & max overtakes. Im Optimstic that Cars finally able to follow without engineers saying drop back. Vettel & ferrari was very unlucky today because his race was stuffed by accident by the unfortunate Giovinazzi shunt because i think couldve won because think Vettel post VSC 17.8s behind lewis & if Giovinazzi hadnt completed the collection smashing into outside wall as well as inside wall then i think vettel wouldve been 5sec ahead of lewis

Lance Stroll made a better showing this time out, him & perez both at fault i feel, because when you go onboard with perez, stroll should looked in his mirrors & perez should be experienced enough not go 2 a breast into that corner espically in such tricky wet/dry conditions. Still believe that f1 needs a few changes reducing dirty air main one but we are on the right road with tyres that can follow but its long road

21. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

The most exciting thing for me so far is I think we'll see driver skill being a decider for both WDC and WCC.

Share This