2016 Rio Olympics

Disapointing lack of medals so far for the uk.

If they stopped bringing squash to the olympics because it doesn't work on tv, why the hell is fencing still on. So fast you have no idea whats going on. Not a spectators sport that one.

Looks like we are on for a Gold tonight in the swimming pool with Adam Peaty in the form of his life. (Fingers crossed).

Team GB doing well in the Rugby 7's.

Not much else to shout about at the moment.

Very scary crash for van vleuten to be flung off forwards especially as when the 2nd group came down & she was still stationery, when it happened it was funny because i was on the phone to chatting to my sister & that happened i screamed she wondered what happened if i kicked the sofa. but on topic you can forgive organisers on the saturday because they'd never seen anyone race it anger, i couldnt believe that after the carnage where nibali henao thomas porte all crashed on the desent, that they did put more safety barriers in & bring the ones they had further in to cover the them gullies

agree with that cider_and_toast swimming has been fine they sold that out. but likes of boxing, fencing, weightlifting & beach volleyball have been 1/2 full at best. i said on saturday that Id heard on sky sports news 2 weeks ago now that you could still buy a ticket for the mens 100m final, since then i seen bolt on twitter "buy your tickets here" & If struggling to sell out the big event features main global star of usain bolt doesn't bode well for the other events

Yeah that was a nasty wreck for the Dutch rider. Mara Abbot, the American looked to have been gifted the Gold at that point but was cruelly caught with just 100m to go by a group of 3. Heartbreaking to go from Gold to nothing like that.

Incredible race by Peaty to dominate a 100m event by such a margin.

Well I don't agree that the organisers have any excuse for the lack of safety on that descent, either for the men's or women's race.
Both were great races but Abbott had no chance after the descent, counting the gap (the timings on the screen were piss-poor, as noted by Boardman) there was no way she could stay away from that group of chasers, unless they'd played silly buggers in the last km.

Dissapointing performance by GBs ladies in the Rugby 7's.

Great Bronze in the synchro diving.

A night of mixed performances.

i was gutted for the rugby 7's because i thought it in the semis worse case scenario we have bronze in the bag, because if the favourites australia win their semi final, then we have canada in bronze play off & we already beaten them 29-0 in the group. but what turning to a dodgy precedent that when it matters like the england football team we crumble

The way the ladies played against New Zealand in their Semi was very surprising. The two yellow cards leading to a time when their was 5 v 7 just about wrapped it up. At the end of the game the team looked broken with tears and general dismay. Sir Clive said that it would be hard work to get their heads back into focus before the bronze play off and he was 100% correct. GB looked like a broken side when they went out for that game.

The final was great. It looked very even until the New Zealand lady got herself a silly yellow card. Australia took their chances and touched down three good tries to put the game out of reach.

Let's hope the GB men put up a stronger showing when their competition starts later today.

Awesome swim last night from American Lilly King knocking off Russian Yuliana Efimova. Great stuff. US doing the usual padding of the Medal tally early in the waters. It's almost ridiculous how many medals they hand out for swimming though.

Juan Martin del Potro having an epic Olympics already.

Can't get enough of that late-night/early-morning Beach Volleyball.

Good for Brazil grabbing that Judo Gold.

Britain doing rather well in pool gold & 3 silvers already beaten 2012 total, got a chance for few more :1st::2nd::2nd::2nd:

also amazing from michael phelps 21 gold medals, 21 golds in 16 yrs if it was world championships would be amazing achievement but when the olympics on come around every 4 years. even more astonishing,

Armstrong notches the 10th Gold for the US. Runs the entire range of emotions at the finish line.

Cancellara leading the mens TT right now

Back
Top Bottom