2016 Rio Olympics

im sure armistead is clean because she has never failed a test & the fact she is 260 days on the road. it can be very tough & also how hard did the guy try. but im findng it tricky because we (brits) are bit hypocritical, because if under the exact same circumstances a top gold medal challenging russian had done this. then their wouldve been uproar

Personally, I want to believe that Lizzie is clean. I don't know the circumstances, or the sophistication of the use and testing of illegal substances. There have been a number of actual tests undertaken, all of which were passed, as I understand it, so hopefully with no further violations everything should be straight.

That said, was it Rio Ferdinand who received a significant ban for missing a test?

Christine Ohuruogu was given a one year ban for missing three tests across 05/06.

Didn't do her career any harm. Before the ban her personal best in the 400m was 50.28 set at the 2006 Commonwealth Games. 24 days after returning from her ban she won a World championship gold in a new personal best of 49.61.

Well gethinceri I suppose that there is a difference between an exempted positive test, and no test at all. It is well documented that Lance was able to manipulate the system to stifle the news of the tests, hence he still trotted out the "Never tested positive" line. There are many more examples through his career.

And please, never learn to play the trumpet.

At the moment, I'm not getting very excited about the Rio olympics. I'd like to think that I'll feel more positive when the games get started.
Or will I just look at any outstanding performance and wonder how they are cheating the system.

Full slate of Soccer today (times are in Eastern Standard Time; UTC-5)
combined.jpg

Notably absent from the tourney are the US and British sides. But Iraq is there!

edit - Also absent is the Nigerian squad who have not arrived in Brazil yet. At least they've got nearly 9 more hours to get there.

Last edited:
Britain don't enter a team because 3 of the four football associations are worried they will loose their independent status. Despite assurances from UEFA and FIFA that a GB Olympics team is absolutely no threat to the English, Scottish, Northern Irish and Welsh football leagues.

It's all a bit silly really.

No problem vintly

Strangely it's never been a problem in Rugby which will be making its debut in Rio in the 7's format. The best of British Rugby has been turning out for and consider it to be the ultimate honour to play as, a British and Irish Lion for a century or more.

I can't wait to see how our 7's team get on especially as former Bristol player Dan Norton is in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom