Grand Prix 2013 Italian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Sebastian Vettel is unstoppable.
He is leading Alonso by 46 points in the championship, with some of his most successful circuits to come.
After convincingly winning at Spa (supposedly one of his weaker circuits) we move on to Monza (another of his supposedly weak circuits) for the 12th round of the season, the Italian Grand Prix. The Monza circuit, set in a royal park, has hosted the Italian Grand Prix every year except for 1980. It is vastly different from every other circuit in the calendar, requiring minimum downforce, minimum drag and a lot of horses in the engine. As it is Fewwawi's home circuit, they will be under immense pressure from the Tifosi to perform well, and, judging by their Alonso's performance at Spa, the team may as well be in a good position going into the race.

Monza is steeped in tradition, with the traditional cantilever grandstands, the traditionally vocal fans and the traditional surroundings. It is usually a place where many major driver announcements are traditionally made, as it is traditionally the last European race of the season. Of course, Ferrari & McLaren traditionally do well here, and Red Bull traditionally do not.

Last year, Lewis Hamilton strolled through the race weekend, winning convincingly, and Sergio Perez took a quite brilliant second place in his Sauber, with the Fewwawi's third and fourth. Red Bull did not score.

The weather is usually a predictable affair - there have only been three wet/varied races since 1950 (1981, 2004 & 2008) so expect it to be warm and sunny. The tight first chicane, however, leaves potential for first lap incident.

Remember, the race is live on both the BBC and Sky in two weeks, so British fans - no excuse for missing it!!!

All that remains for me to say is Ready, Steady, Discuss!!!

Last edited:
Why did Red Bull feel the need to pit both of their drivers together? I appreciate that Webber was in a race with Massa, but Vettel wasn't in any sort of danger at all. It just seems a totally unnecessary additional risk to me.

Bushi

I think you will find that is not the first time Vettel has been booed for winning on the podium .. with last race it was because some green protesters were disrupting the ceremony but Seb got booed in Australia obvious in support of Webber, but its happened at one or two other Gp's Vettel has finished on the podium post Malaysia ( Canada for one)

The last driver to get that much booeing for winning is Schumacher

-both instances to do with team orders fiasco

Seb's laughing it off at the moment but its his problem he can go down the Piquet / Alonso route and just don't give a :censored: or do his best to change their opinion

When has Seb been gifted a race on team orders? Can't remember that ever happening. I remember them trying once but the other guy kept trying to beat him and failed and I remember him being told to give a race to someone else on team orders and refusing but a team order gifted race win ala Schumacher/Alonso has never happened.

Bushi - I'm sure it's a case of "monkey see, monkey do" with all the booing, I don't hate Vettel, personally, but I am weary of his relentless accumulation of statistics, as I'm sure many others are.

The problem isn't really Red Bull either, it's the fact that all the other teams have failed to provide their drivers with equipment that will allow them to compete with them. It was the same back in the Schumi years, with the exception that Ferrari hadn't been great for decades, until "Team Schumi" took the reins, but at least they had the history and the tifosi to go with it.

The biggest problem, I think, was all the outcry over the early-season Pirellis, that forced the u-turn on constructions and compounds, and as such handed the advantage straight back to Red Bull, once they had a tyre that didn't lunch itself after a handful of laps. Result? Winfinger ad infinitum...:bawl:

It's pretty difficult to change an opinion if it's based on hate for winning all the time, except to stop winning.
Hamilton got booed aswell, i just feel ashamed in their place if it happens to anyone.......although i gotta admit i used to like it in the dominant years of schumi when it happened to him.

RasputinLives

Vettel -its more to do with the way he disrespects team orders and he was not reprimanded for it

--------------

Lets say since Red Bull moaned about the tyres the advantage has been with them just seem like the days when Schumacher/Ferrari under Todt seemed to always bend the rules to their favour

Bushi
Everyone is treading here we go who is leading after lap 1 and whats the gap usually over 2 seconds .. that's the race over switch off the tv and come back when the race is over

Back
Top Bottom