Grand Prix 2012 Korean Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2012 season is down to the final quarter with just five races remaining.

McLaren seem to have run out of steam and barring an incredible run of results, coupled with some misfortune for the other front runners, it looks like they won't be taking any silverware home with them this year. Again.

Alonso has enjoyed an incredible stint at the front for the previous eight races since the European GP.
What's more incredible is that includes two non-scoring races, thanks mainly to his rivals messing up, all too frequently.

That looks to be coming to an end though as Red Bull seem to have rediscovered their form from last year and barring mistakes, Vettel should pass him at Korea to take the lead in the WDC.
In fact, it's hard to see past Vettel and Red Bull for both championships now, which would make it three in a row for both.

Which means it's all about the runner up places now.
Second place could go to any one of five different drivers: Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Webber, and Button.

A decent result for Massa finally saw him break clear of the bottom group of points scorers; jumping Pérez into ninth place, who ironically managed to take himself out trying to overtake the driver he's replacing at McLaren next year.
As Brundle would say, "he ran out of talent".

Can Kobayashi repeat his podium and improve his prospects for next year?

Can Grosjean get past the first corner without hitting anyone?

All these questions and more will be answered in a little under six days.

Last year's podium consisted of Vettel, Hamilton and Webber and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see that repeated this year.

Circuit details and stat's here: http://cliptheapex.com/pages/korean-international-circuit/

this race is finished and I think it will off the Gp calendar sooner than imagined after two sponsors pulled the plug with a £16m hole for the organisers to fill

The organisers realised they paid Bernie too much for the race and can't maintain it

Proposals that it was suppose to help generate the area has not been fruitful as promised

Bernie asking too much money...well I never!
It's not as if he doesn't have a track record (pardon the pun) of extracting the most money out of a circuit.
Unfortunately Korea is one of those races I always forget is happening, the only memorable thing I remember is Webber's Red Bull covered in red mud in 2010.
I don't know what I want to see from this race but I know I don't want to see a 'front runner' taken out in the first couple of laps by poor driving from others. Actually I do know what I want, I want to see the top 4 in the WDC table to be fighting out for positions on the track....is that a bit much to ask??!

Nico Rosberg style
A46Lbn1CYAAilT1.jpg

Autosport said:
Lewis Hamilton was left confused by his McLaren's poor performance in free practice two in Korea.
"The first session seemed to be fine, then in the second one we made some set-up changes and I wasn't able to get the time out of the option tyre," said Hamilton.

The same pattern as Japan...

Has Lewis got Andy Latham back or is it the same race engineer who stood in for Singapore?
It seems more than coincidental that Lewis' reliability and set up have nose dived. All of a sudden he can't compete with Jenson. :whistle:

I have never heard of a race engineer having or taking paternity leave, :spank: have you?

Back
Top Bottom