Grand Prix 2011 Singapore Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by MCLS, Sep 14, 2011.

1. gdeacon7

gdeacon7 Rookie

I always get onto this forum wondering how the Hamilton over-sympathisers are going to paint the latest incident, and this time it seems it's by dedicating half of the discussion to how Massa is generally a bad and uncompetitive driver, or by listing all the Hamilton-Massa incidents of the past as being somehow relevant. If Car A has the inside line and has their front wing ahead, and Car B turns in from the outside and hits their rear, Car B caused an avoidable accident. Locking up the front tyres, which some people have offered as consolation/explanation would cause the car to skid straight on, not turn left into the path of another car. I would be impressed if the members of the forum could unanimously accept he made an error, rather than offering excuses or even voting him driver of the weekend. Oh wait, Hamilton is tied with Paul di Resta in the Driver of the Weekend poll with 3 votes, 2 votes more than the guy who took pole by half a second and cruised to victory.

Slyboogy, Pyrope, McZiderRed and 3 others like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    A very good point which needed saying.

I'm not sure why or when people started saying penalties are only justified if the driver being affected's race was ruined or the offending driver didn't take himself out.

4. F1ang-o

F1ang-o Race Winner Contributor

GOOD:snigger:

5. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Was it an avoidable accident?

6. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    Fixed that for you.

Please don't tar all members with the same brush.

7. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    The actual penalty is "causing a collision".

The phrase "avoidable accident" is an oxymoron.

The point being made is the penalty is awarded for the actual incident, not how it affects both drivers' races.

rufus_mcdufus and Fenderman like this.
  8. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Okay, did he cause a collision?

9. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    Quite clearly he did.

I'm not sure what your point is?

The penalty is awarded for causing the collision, not for how it affects each driver.

10. Andrea_Moda_Rules

Andrea_Moda_Rules Podium Finisher

On the Lewis Hamilton debate.

I might get mocked for this, but i sense whenever he gets something wrong a lot of people are still going to defend him.

It does not matter one little bit about the penalty. Time and time again this season, and possibly over the past two years he keeps getting himself in postions he does not need to be. The contact with Massa was just poor and not needed. A driver of what? 60 races experience?, let alone race winner and world champion Should know better.

He needs to be more aware fo the space he has around, perhaps be a bit more frugal in his racing style. because a lot of times wheater he deserved a penalty or not, He has been the cause of his own downfall.

Slyboogy likes this.
  11. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Did you think the penalty was justified?

12. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    The FIA have just announced that Schumacher has been reprimanded for causing a collision.

13. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    The stewards obviously do or they wouldn't have awarded it.

Eddie Jordan and Martin Brundle think it wasn't deserved.

I won't say what I think so you're wasting your time hounding me.

Here are my latest comments on Hamilton if you want to pick them apart: http://cliptheapex.com/threads/lewis-hamilton.3031/page-37#post-81141

Fenderman likes this.
  14. HammydiRestarules

HammydiRestarules Di Resta fan :). Contributor

Lets just put this down to another bad day at the office for Lewis and move on. Every race weekend we always have the same arguments over Lewis, lets just focus on what a good job other drivers have done for a change.

Vettel - lights to flag finish, faultless all race.
    Button - got in front of Webber at the start which proved to be important and finished a very comfy 2nd place.
    Di Resta + Sutil - top drives from the pair of them to get a double points score for the FI team.
    Perez - Comfortably in the top 10 all race and finished 10th for Sauber.

15. Senna's_right_foot

Senna's_right_foot Pole Sitter Supporter

Yawn. How predictable the people who don't like talking about Hamilton are the first to start talking about Hamilton.
    It's getting to the point where it's hardly worth coming on here when Hamilton makes a mistake, you can almost hear the cracking of the knuckles as certain people warm up their keyboards readying the usual diatribe.
    The guy made a mistake - big deal. What's the problem? He was punished, get over it. In case you hadn't noticed, the race ran on for quite a bit longer than the Hamilton-Massa incident. To tar everyone who 'likes' Hamilton with the same brush is, at best, showing your own subjectivity and at worst, ignorant. Not to mention bloody boring.

16. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Okay :)

All the arguments as to why Lewis is doing poorly always come down to "team favoritism", Whitmarsh "loving" Jenson Button etcetera.
    When will we get to see some actual arguments instead of conspiracy theories? There is no proof at all that the team is favoring Jenson.

17. no-FIAt-please

no-FIAt-please Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Only the WUMS are saying it's favourtism. This time it was luck, Hamilton couldn't do a second run in qualifying and therefore had a bad starting position. This lead to Webber against being stupid and pushing too far wide losing himself two positions. Fifth was the best Hamilton could achieve today really.

18. riskitall

riskitall Points Scorer

i doubt lewis DECIDED to ruin his race,by saying that you must think lewis decided to ruin his own race.

Senna's_right_foot likes this.
  19. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    You know full well what I mean. English isn't my first language so terribly sorry for not choosing the correct word.

Slyboogy likes this.
  20. Senna's_right_foot

Senna's_right_foot Pole Sitter Supporter

The irony. If you took the post to be solely aimed at you (it wasn't, which was fairly obvious) then maybe it's because the cap fits? Just as many people who can't wait for Hamilton to make a mistake as those who will readily defend him. Don't see many people ranting about that though? That's my point, always was, but I think you knew that anyway ;)

21. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    My bad, maybe because your first sentence was aimed at me and then you continued on without any whitespace or anything it came across as being aimed at me.

I see you edited out your first sentence. Oh well.

Slyboogy likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice