Grand Prix 2011 Italian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The fat bloke lady is starting to sing

Sebastian Vettel took a major stride towards a second world championship after a crushing win in Belgium, he extended his lead over Mark Webber who made a good recovery from a bad start to finish second after a fantastic overtake on Fernando Alonso into Eau Rouge.

Lewis Hamiltons indifferent season continued after a crash with Kamui Kobayashi into Les Combes, while he won't admit it, he will be close to giving up on closing down Vettel as he is over 100 points behind, but while he can't win the championship, that won't stop him going to win every race remaining and with Monza being a strong McLaren track, he will be up there in the running.

Monza is one of the most historic tracks on the F1 calendar and will be full of Ferrari fans as it is the teams home race and the tifosi are known for their support of the prancing horse and after a Ferrari win in 2010 they willl be expecting more of the same from Fernando who needs a win to keep alive his fading championship hopes but an average showing in Spa including losing third place late on will be a killer blow to the Spaniard. Massa is sliding further into obscurity after a good start, but faded quickly into the minor points.

The track isn't one of Red Bulls strongest circuits due to the low downforce and long straights but we have said that a few circuits aren't Red Bull friendly circuits and Vettel has gone on to get pole and win and Monza might not be an exception with Vettel in imperious form and the car seemingly bulletproof there is no-one who can stop the bull racing to the title in emphatic fashion.

After a turbluent weekend, Pastor Maldanado picked up his first point in F1 with a strong drive to tenth (and a lot of luck) to give his beleagured Williams outfit a small reason to be happy but it represents how far they have fallen in that a point is an achievement for them. Barrichello finished a dissapointing 16th finishing behind both Lotus cars.

Bruno Senna will be aiming to improve on a promising first weekend back in F1, he qualified a brilliant 7th, but rusty racecraft caused a bad collision at turn 1 and he eventually finished 13th, the last of the unlapped cars, Petrov managed to pick up a handful of points to go level with his former team mate Nick Heidfeld who is seeking legal advice after losing his seat last week to the young Brazilian.

Adrian Sutil continues his upturn in form after outpacing Di Resta who had a poor weekend with the German taking home 7 points and Di Resta just finishing outside the points in 11th, with Nico Hulkenberg challenging for a set at Force India next season, both these two drivers have improved lately with both taking home points from the last few races
At the back of the field, Jarno Trulli finished ahead of his team-mate showing that maybe he still has some pace in the Lotus now that they have fixed the power steering issues, with Chandhok just over his shoulder he will need to beat his team-mate to ensure that he still has a seat at the team next year and extend his long career.

For Galahads supreme circuit write up see here http://cliptheapex.com/pages/autodromo-nazionale-monza/

the thing that really annoyed me was when brundle brought up the whole thing about button believing he's the team leader now.

Please get a grip - that is totally out of context. Jb said he thought they would both consider themselves team leaders but neither were working against each other or words to that effect.

What is everyone's fascination with Eddie Jordan?
?
I was late switching on the TV today ...so missed the first few minutes of ButtonBC, EJ was having a rant about LH ...but later said his money was on LH for a win!
Does my head in...

Please get a grip - that is totally out of context. Jb said he thought they would both consider themselves team leaders but neither were working against each other or words to that effect.

yes i know,but brudle simply said "when button was asked if he's the team leader now,he said yes" he didnt mention the other stuff.also it was the way he said it too,he had a certain tone to his voice.
but yeah i know what button said,and dont have a problem with that.i just dont like the way they favour button.i have to say tho DC seems to be more neutral these days.

There's commentators and there's drivers - listen to the drivers first and then, maybe, factor in the commentators.

Having said that, I have a lot of respect fro MB and DC - they know their business, but not always.

you could tell lewis was fuming in his post race interview.
yeah he did get some good points,but they mean very little.i mean he cant win the championship,so its all about beating button.so he needs to finish ahead of button in the remaining races.but i wont be suprised if things go wrong for him in the upcoming races.we'll see.

you could tell lewis was fuming in his post race interview.
yeah he did get some good points,but they mean very little.i mean he cant win the championship,so its all about beating button.so he needs to finish ahead of button in the remaining races.but i wont be suprised if things go wrong for him in the upcoming races.we'll see.

Hope not...Lewis DOES NOT deserve things to go wrong for him..

I have all his race/quali on DVDs ..and I am hoping to show that he has never run into another driver...except Canada 2008? with Kimi...who was double parked in the pit lane...would prefer some other knowledgable F1 addict to do this...but saving that I'll have a go.

Try listening to him - he has 'digs' at everyone - 23 other drivers who he has a pop at from time to time.

he is ALWAYS having sly digs at lewis.i dont hear him bashing the other top drivers anywhere near as much if atall.
plus alot of what he sais is inconsistent.
one minute he sais"clearly button got past schumacher because his tyres had gone"
then abit later you hear him saying"why cant lewis get past schumacher like button did"he seemed to get past him easy enough".
all you need to do is listen to the way he talks about lewis and compare it to how he talks about the other drivers,then you quickly pick upon the sly digs.and he's not the only one who does it.others members of the bbc f1 team do too.
DC used to be the worst,but now he's neutral and fair with his criticism which is good.

DC is neutral and the others aren't? That's a new one.

There are always multiple perceptions of any incident, or any individual. Every fan seems to think the commentators are biased against them, which suggests to me that, maybe, the BBC's world-respected, award-winning coverage is generally getting it more right than wrong.

Maybe Niki Lauda on RTL will tell you what you want to hear.

Hope not...Lewis DOES NOT deserve things to go wrong for him..

I have all his race/quali on DVDs ..and I am hoping to show that he has never run into another driver...except Canada 2008? with Kimi...who was double parked in the pit lane...would prefer some other knowledgable F1 addict to do this...but saving that I'll have a go.

i hope not too.but i wont be suprised if something does goes wrong during the race.whether its his fault or the teams fault,or just bad luck.
he had some bad luck in this race,and jenson made the most of it.

[quote
="riskitall, post: 78056"]i cant stand brundle,he's always having digs at lewis,always.[/quote]

IMO it is D.Coulthard who constantly snipes about LH
But shock...
At the last ace...when Maldanado chopped the front off Lewis' car in Q2...he actuall y said M should be sent packing...but this is LH...hey....who cares....let M stay & race & be in the points...
What is going on?
MB is not usually as bad

My alarm clock didn't go off so I missed the race :disappointed:

Gotta love the BBC iPlayer though, caught the full action on there :)

Did anyone notice when the crash happened in the first corner som cut the chicane while others went round the incident? Biggest winner out of this was Alguersuari who went from 18th to 11th just by doing that as did di Resta, while Moose and Kobayashi lost out. Think they deserve a penalty for that, got a great advantage from that.

Great move by Vettel on Alonso for the lead, was that without the DRS? I am not sure, think it was, not sure. Schumacher hada good race, highly entertaining as usual, his defending was fine, down into the second chicane I don't think that was chop more so exaggerated as there wasn't enough space for a car to go through there (EDIT: Wouldn't say it was a chop but it was fairly aggressive). Webber again acting as if the race was monster truck race. Massa coming back through again. Button I think he could have won the race, but somehow went from 3rd to 7th? Then the positions he got back where fairly easy, Webber taking out Massa, then Hamilton having to lift off, and Schumacher and Alonso's tyre problems. Good race by him nevertheless.

Good race from Bruno Senna.

My driver of the day? In normal circumstances it would be between Vettel and Alguersuari, but Alguersuari cut the chicane at the start, and to me got an unfair advantage, so Vettel for me. :)

[quote
="riskitall, post: 78056"]i cant stand brundle,he's always having digs at lewis,always.

IMO it is D.Coulthard who constantly snipes about LH
But shock...
At the last ace...when Maldanado chopped the front off Lewis' car in Q2...he actuall y said M should be sent packing...but this is LH...hey....who cares....let M stay & race & be in the points...
What is going on?
MB is not usually as bad[/quote]

Neither commentator has "constant digs" at Lewis, all the drivers get criticism and praise from both commentators.

Back
Top Bottom