Yamamoto will not race at Singapore..

Very strange, maybe Yamamoto's stomach doesn't agree with far eastern cuisine.

I wonder why Chandhok isn't back in the driving seat.

RickD said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9030027.stm

So, has Yakons money run out or is this a real illness? Did Klien offer more for the drive?

Theories welcome.. ;)

Hmmmmm :thinking: a bit of both probably, a bit weird they didn't get Karun back in but I'm pretty sure Yamamoto probably stipulated he was going to drive x amount of races one of those being Japan for obvious reasons.

*Mod Edit* Please refer to all drivers by their given names, as per rule 3. Thank, Fat Jez.

If HRT think I'm updating all the data to now put another driver in they can whistle.

I'm going to remove HRT from all the tables and charts - that will teach them.

If it was just food poisioning surely they'd put Klien in for practice and review the situation tomorrow morning before FP3? So I'm not sure I fully believe it.

Brogan said:
If HRT think I'm updating all the data to now put another driver in they can whistle.

I'm going to remove HRT from all the tables and charts - that will teach them.

LOL

I was going to suggest you change the name of the number 2 driver at HRT to "the other one" however given that they dropped Senna for one race you couldn't do that either.

Didn't Klien say earlier in the year that his contract entitled him to 1 race?

This outfit is just a joke, who are they trying to fool?

FB said:
One would have to question whether Yamamoto "raced" at any of the other GP's he entered...
Well, he thought he was racing, especially coming out of the pits at Monza..

Bro - better start updating the tables now.. LOL

I think it comes down to being desperate to stay in F1 and being prepared to do anything possible to achieve that goal. You could call HRT the prostitute of the pit lane - anyone can climb inside and have a go if they pay enough ;)

Maybe they figure this race is the only chance they have to get anywhere near that 12th place (weather, barriers) and don't trust Sakon not to turn his engine off or something.

Or perhaps they just spin a wheel before every race to decide who drives.

fat_jez said:
I think it comes down to being desperate to stay in F1 and being prepared to do anything possible to achieve that goal. You could call HRT the prostitute of the pit lane - anyone can climb inside and have a go if they pay enough ;)

LOL

I think HRT just need to Klien the cockpit.

Its a bit warm, I don't really need a coat!

Eeijits. They are embarrassing themselves, their staff and España!

Klien is probably the best driver there, but this driver muddling seems to be dodgy contract obligations, and trying to get to the end of the season on a small amount of money. If they do I think we could see HRT for many more seasons, maybe under the command of Villeneuve or stefanovic or both!

Well, it seems embarrassing for Senna II to be outqualified by a man who's not seen the car for 8 months and has been out of F1 since 2006. Better drivers than Klien have sturggled on a 4-year comeback in 2010!

teabagyokel said:
Well, it seems embarrassing for Senna II to be outqualified by a man who's not seen the car for 8 months and has been out of F1 since 2006.
Bruno Senna was taken to the Klien-ers today... :whistle:

Does this mean I have to get my coat? :unsure:

Chandhok must be more annoyed than he was already.

There must be a reason why Senna kept his seat over Chandhok.
I suspect quite a few hundred thousand reasons...

I'm sure he will be, Bro, but Karun knew what he was getting into from the start. If he didn't then he certainly did after Bahrain.

His ticket to a proper drive was to conclusively outperform Bruno, which for me he didn't really do. Now a moderately experienced journeyman appears to have put Senna well and truly in the shade and so Karun's stock has got to be falling, for my money.

Galahad said:
His ticket to a proper drive was to conclusively outperform Bruno, which for me he didn't really do.
Whilst Karun's qualifying record against Bruno wasn't great, he did actually beat him conclusively in the races at 7:1, including 2 14th places and a 15th place.

Given more time I have no doubt that Karun would have performed better than Bruno or any of the other drivers HRT will have for the remainder of the season.

Back
Top Bottom