World Rally Raikkonen

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Raikkonen to race in World Rally

There's been plenty of speculation about Kimi Raikkonen's commitment to Formula One, does this suggest he'll be in WRC in the future or is he just doing it for publicity?

I suspect that Raikkonen is on his way to the tin tops (and Alonso is on his way to Ferrari)

*Brogan, if you think this would be better in F1 please move it!

As ever, rumours abound concerning Kimi, F1, Ferrari, Alonso, etc.
It's easy to see why as sometimes his commitment does seem to be lacking.

Ferrari must also be scratching their heads and wondering why they paid so much to "poach" him from McLaren.

Would the WRC appeal to Kimi when he leaves F1?
I don't know; they're very different motorsports so it's hard to say.

* I've put a place-holder for the thread in the F1 forum just so it's visible there.

Brogan said:
As ever, rumours abound concerning Kimi, F1, Ferrari, Alonso, etc.
It's easy to see why as sometimes his commitment does seem to be lacking.

Ferrari must also be scratching their heads and wondering why they paid so much to "poach" him from McLaren.

Would the WRC appeal to Kimi when he leaves F1?
I don't know; they're very different motorsports so it's hard to say.

It does look like he's dipping his feet in the WRC water this season by entering Rally Finland. He's also got Makinen's old co-driver on board according to Reuters and that could be significant.

If Kimi is to leave F1, for a Finn it is an obvious choice tbh! If Ferrari get too upset he might just do a Montoya!

He would have to be doing it for fun; there's no money in doing WRC whatsoever these days.

That's not to say he won't; when the new regulations come in, Fiat look likely to enter a team, and Kimi would be excellent promotional material. Only if he's not embarassingly slow, though.

I would have thought Nakajima would have been a good choice.

He's been off-road quite a bit this season.... LOL

Back
Top Bottom