World Championship winning drives

Jos the Boss

Champion Elect
Which is your favourite WC winnig race, My favourite 2 being Lewis Hamilton in Brazil 2008 I dont think I need much explaination and secondly Michael Schumacher Japan 2000 as the commentary of Murray Walker sums up,"He's given Ferrari there dream and look at him he knows it"

What are yours?

And this is also a landmark for me my first thread!
Also apologise if theres already a post like this!

Jenson Button 2009, a fight through the field to claim fifth, daring, no holes barred and got past anyway possible, with a bit of luck, but certainly a drive worthy of a champion.

I'm going to look beyond the obvious and remind everyone of the Brazil 2006 race.

OK, the title wasn't really on. But it was still a quality race.

Schumacher had qualified 10th, and a collision with Fisichella put him 20th and last by lap 9. Through the field stormed Schumacher, but it was only good enough for 4th. His supposedly last Grand Prix.

Massa won emotionally on home territory, Button showed his skill in his last opportunity before 2009, Super Aguri scored their first top 10 finish. And Alonso won the Championship.

I'm going to look beyond the obvious and remind everyone of the Brazil 2006 race.

OK, the title wasn't really on. But it was still a quality race.

Schumacher had qualified 10th, and a collision with Fisichella put him 20th and last by lap 9. Through the field stormed Schumacher, but it was only good enough for 4th. His supposedly last Grand Prix.

Massa won emotionally on home territory, Button showed his skill in his last opportunity before 2009, Super Aguri scored their first top 10 finish. And Alonso won the Championship.

And Schumi's awesome overtake on raikkonen!

Brazil 2007 and Abu Dhabi 2010, both where unlikely to win the championsip but both did their jobs, but 2007 for me as Raikkonens title was long overdue...

on a different note what is the song in the 2010 german and singapore gp race edit as well as this years valencia gp?

Vettel in Abu Dhabi for 2010, Raikkonen in Brazil for 2007, Hakkinen's in Japan in 1998 and 1999, Villeneuve getting hit by Schumacher at Jerez in 1997, Senna in Japan in 1988, Senna/Prost in 1989 in Japan, Prost in Adelaide in 1986 when he beat the superior Williams-Hondas of Mansell and Piquet, Prost and Lauda at Estoril in 1984 with only 1/2 point separating them.

1. Senna in Japan 1988
2. Prost in Adelaide 1986
3. Vettel in Abu Dhabi in 2010
4. Raikkonen in Brazil in 2007

Four drivers who won the race at which they won their titles. Three the last race of the season (86, 07, 10)

Vettel in Abu Dhabi for 2010, Raikkonen in Brazil for 2007, Hakkinen's in Japan in 1998 and 1999, Villeneuve getting hit by Schumacher at Jerez in 1997, Senna in Japan in 1988, Senna/Prost in 1989 in Japan, Prost in Adelaide in 1986 when he beat the superior Williams-Hondas of Mansell and Piquet, Prost and Lauda at Estoril in 1984 with only 1/2 point separating them.

1. Senna in Japan 1988
2. Prost in Adelaide 1986
3. Vettel in Abu Dhabi in 2010
4. Raikkonen in Brazil in 2007

Four drivers who won the race at which they won their titles. Three the last race of the season (86, 07, 10)

Ray i only asked for 1! but they were all good thoughts go to mansells tyre

Alan Jones, Montreal 1980 (for reasons I've explained elsewhere). Senna, Suzuka 1990 although more a championship winning crash LOL and I'd have to agree on Hill '96, Murray's commentary summed it up superbly. Also cheered to the roof in Brazil '08 and Abu Dhabi 2010.

Can you really put "Brazil 08" by Hamilton a "World Championship drive"? :s

I think if Massa won the championship then yes as he drove a blinder and a perfect race, while Hamilton on the other hand :nah:

Can you really put "Brazil 08" by Hamilton a "World Championship drive"? :s

I think if Massa won the championship then yes as he drove a blinder and a perfect race, while Hamilton on the other hand :nah:

Well being pedantic you could say no however I think so because hammy had a great race aswell good consistent pace but just got caught out being slightly too cautious on the wets.

Back
Top Bottom