Will Bottas lose the WCC for Mercedes, or will Pérez win it for Red Bull?

It can only be a matter of time before Bottas is shown the door at Mercedes this season. Up until now, he's been protected by the fact the Mercedes have had a significant advantage over the rest of the field.

I assume Bottas was attempting to lay some rubber down and over cooked it.

Fully agree with Brogan that Perez will win the WCC for RBR however, it's interesting to note that Hamilton spoke up massively for Bottas in a recent interview regarding Hamilton's contract negotiations.

As I said a while ago, Hamilton is Bottas's best friend at the moment because Hamilton would obviously prefer a teammate he has the measure of rather than someone like Russell who may not be so easy to beat.

I don’t think that I have ever seen that happen before in the pit lane like that. Valtteri Bottas seems determined to be shown the door at Mercedes at the end of the year.

It can only be a matter of time before Bottas is shown the door at Mercedes this season. Up until now, he's been protected by the fact the Mercedes have had a significant advantage over the rest of the field.
His luck is just getting worse ... I think the summer break Mercedes need to decide to drop.Bottas at Spa or at the end of the season

At this rate the constructors will be lost

I assume Bottas was attempting to lay some rubber down and over cooked it.

Fully agree with Brogan that Perez will win the WCC for RBR however, it's interesting to note that Hamilton spoke up massively for Bottas in a recent interview regarding Hamilton's contract negotiations.

As I said a while ago, Hamilton is Bottas's best friend at the moment because Hamilton would obviously prefer a teammate he has the measure of rather than someone like Russell who may not be so easy to beat.
I wonder how much negotiation power Hamilton has then over the new contract..Ferrari did it with Vettel for a while and when it became clear that Raikkonen was 💩 they had to give Leclerc ago ironically because Vettel was not keen on Verstappen or Ricciardo

interesting i heard yesterday & its probably rubbish that Russell will be unveiled at the British GP.

I completely understand why hamilton wants bottas. because you want a driver you can beat & makes you look good of course. in the same way Ferrari were harmonious but leclerc came & showed that Vettel was comfortable & underperforming

the contract negotiations are even weirder to be finished at end of February & 4 months they are doing another contract. begs the question why didnt they sign a 2 yr contract then

Last edited:
Money ! Citing Covid as the drop in money but surely Hamilton will have to.pass the torch or consider retiring this season

M Schumacher that was because Mercedes hierarchy wanted to sell they are back in F1 with the greatest German driver in a German car and especially one they are part of their young driver programme...unfortunately he was years past his prime

Raikkonen apart from the pay packet which only Ferrari were willing to pay and to not pressure Vettel he should be long put into retirement

Alonso - I reserve judgement because he is still a competitive racer but he is probably past his best unless he can work some magic

I think Hamilton might want race on but Mercedes have to start filling the other seat with one of their young drivers from 2022 and take that call out of Hamilton's hands

but hamilton for me is still 1 of 2 the best drivers in F1. would snapped up by any team on the grid
I think he might find it difficult with both Ferrari and Red Bull filled with the next generation of drivers

So its Merc or retirment as Mclaren cant afford him and Aston Martin are not front runners yet

i think this exactly like dejavu from ferrari 2018. they have upcoming driver who everyone knows is quality & you have a guy. the title contender likes because he's easily beatable. but Russell showed how good he was by all but winning on his debut for Mercedes. if jack Aitken hadnt binned it. you george Russell would be race winner & might have been the teammate this season

on the question perez i believe will win it because of his tyre knowledge as i said at the time. you hire perez because as played out in France. he gives you so many options & he can protect his tyres so well. the reason he won the sakhir GP was because he had done 46 laps on a set of softs

With Perez they know he is not going to be as fast as Verstappen but will ways be a factor come race day.

He is a factor and mess with Merc strategy where Bottas is not fast enough as a wingman

I was half right.

I would posit that Hamilton lost the WDC because of Bottas, whereas Verstappen won it thanks to Pérez.

Back
Top Bottom