Poll Who will top the First Friday free practice session of the year?

Who will top first practice session on Friday of the OZ GP?

• Massa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Di Resta

• Kobayashi

• Perez

• Vergne

• Riccarido

• Maldonado

• Senna

• Kovalainen

• Petrov

• De La Rosa

• Glock

• Pic

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it will be Lewis, but if not, then one of the smaller teams showing off and trying to get sponsorship deals in place..

Wish I could say but 1st free practice on Friday only feeds information to the teams as they're the only ones who know what they're doing in preparation for the 2nd session, which will be far more interesting. They all have to do qualifying runs in the 2nd session in case they have any significant issues that need attention. The 3rd session the following day doesn't leave them with enough time to make and test changes before qualifying which is why 2nd practice is always the most interesting. I'm only guessing, like everyone else, but I think Ferrari will surprise, at least in the hands of Alonso. With his ability to read a race, he might be a threat during the GP also. Otherwise, my money's on Button. Other than Schumacher they're the most experienced drivers in the field and I think experience will count for a lot this season.

I voted for Rosberg.

The true picture in my experience only really starts coming to view on Saturday morning, the big teams tend to focus more on tyre evaluation and long run set ups. Depending on how much of the testing went to plan, and how many updates are on the car, I see no reason why this should not still be the case.

Mercedes I think are in a better place than they have been for the last couple of years, and seem to have had a good off season, hopefully Rosberg will be able to carry this on.

Quite an interesting one this. My 1st thought would be Vettel, he likes to lead the timesheets and bag his fastest laps but I think Horner will keep a firm grip on the young German as I don't think they will show their true form until Q2/Q3 on Saturday.

Out of the other drivers the one with the most to prove is Kimi, he has to show that he has still got the speed after 2 years away.

I was half right with Button and Ferrari are looking a whole lot better than people expected. I may not be too far wrong by the end of the second practice session with my prediction that Ferrari could surprise, though McLaren should still be fastest.

That Ferrari looks a right handful though, seems likely to spit the driver off at any moment

Alonso came out on intermediates early though so it was always going to be hard to hang on to in his first half dozen laps or so. Nothing to do with the car I would think, just conditions.

P1...Half asleep..... but heard that the Kimi, had to change the steering rack on his car, I don't think he went out again after that.

P1...Half asleep..... but heard that the Kimi, had to change the steering rack on his car, I don't think he went out again after that.

According to Autosport he got out for the last few minutes. Presumably when the track conditions were at their best.

Back
Top Bottom