Who will take the 2014 World Drivers Championship

• Fernando Alonso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Valtteri Bottas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shogun,

WHERE did I say Mercedes should feel bad about having built by far the best car for this year?

RasputinLives , my thoughts exactly. Thats why I watch F1 and MotoGP instead of NASCAR. I like that the governing body sets the rules but allows some margin for design and lets the teams say to each other, "we can build a better car/bike than you can".

Shogun,

WHERE did I say Mercedes should feel bad about having built by far the best car for this year?

This year, the car is so superior to every other team's that the WCC is the championship that is a true indicator of the season. IMO, if you had Chilton and Maldonado in the cars, they would be getting wins (although probably not a WDC, since they aren't very good at keeping the plot on the road).
Your comment seemed to diminish the ability of Rosberg and Hamilton because of how good the Mercs are this year, as if their efforts somehow dont matter and anyone could win in that car.

Well it is true that a lot of drivers could win in that car I don't think anyone could dispute that also love him or not but Maldonado has actually won a race..

Last edited:
Rosberg is 4/6 and Hamilton is 6/4. So if you put £5 on both, you'd win £2.50 if Lewis became champion, lose £1.67 if Nico did.

Bets of £6 on Nico and £4 on Lewis would leave you (almost) guaranteed to get your £10 back, but no more. It's a money launderer's market.

£10 on Ricciardo would win you £330.

Last edited:
Your comment seemed to diminish the ability of Rosberg and Hamilton because of how good the Mercs are this year, as if their efforts somehow dont matter and anyone could win in that car.

It's not diminishing their ability, but this year, more than in any recent years, the championship winner will be the best Mercedes driver, not the best overall driver. It's not their fault, we know they're both great drivers, but that knowledge is based on past performances. And yes, this happens to an extent in every championship because some cars are better than others. But no car in recent history was as dominant as this Mercedes - maybe Schumacher's best year in Ferrari can compare?

Back
Top Bottom