Interlagos: 2015
Abu Dhabi: 2016

New Tracks:
India: 2020
Austin: From 2012
Rome: From 2012

I posted this at the start of the month:

There needs to be a core set of tracks which feature every season;

Silverstone, Monaco, Spa, Monza, Hungaroring, Interlagos, Gilles Villeneuve, Melbourne, Rome, Sepang, Singapore and Suzuka.

The additional slots will then be taken up by tracks on rotation;

Valencia/Barcelona, Hockenheim/Nurburgring, India/South Korea, China/Russia, Abu Dhabi/Bahrain, Austin/USA 2 and Turkey/Bulgaria.

That will give us 19 races per season and enough variety to keep the fans and sponsors happy. This will also allow for flexibility should any of the tracks decide they cannot afford to run GP's.

This will be the only way that the Calendar can take all the races that Bernie wants.

I've always fancied the aptly titled, "The Galloways Pie Shop Grand Prix of Wigan", would be good flying past Marks & Sparks, McDonalds & WH Smiths, not sure what they'd do with the speedbumps on Standishgate though?

I would imagine the Bernie's priority list on venue would go something like this:

How much are they Paying to Host?
What 1st Class Travel will they set me up with to get there?
How much are the Sponsors paying to be branded with this Grand Prix?
What are the Executive Viewing Suites like?
How much can I add to the Television Fees for this Grand Prix?
What are the 1st Class Viewing suites like?
How Many fans can watch the Grand Prix & bring additional % revenue?
Are the Pits a decent size & quality?
Is the Track suitable?
Does the track look safe & have decent medical facilities?
What are the fans facilities like?
Are there any overtaking opportunities on the track?

F1Yorkshire said:
The only tracks with contract renewals around that time are Valencia and Montreal. I know which one of those I would drop in favour of Russia but I think I know which one will actually get the boot.

I'd drop Valencia in favour of Tesco car park.

tooncheesef1 said:
I bet Bernie has a map of the world in front of his dart board to help him choose these new tracks.

Yeah, which is why the Atlantic GP will be held here:

Be fine, it'll be on a yacht he owns...

EJ this morning said there had been 8 new tracks in the ;last 11 years and 7 of them had been in the Middle or Far East (Valencia) being the exception.

So believe the dart is squewing to the right for each of this throws, just hope the French Polynesia Islands in the Pacific have enough space............

Bulgaria in 2012 has popped up again as a possibility. They are bidding on the chance to host F1 and MotoGP races.

The plans include a heated surface.

What effect would that have on a drying track if any and how would that effect tyre performance?

FB said:

There will be a few tracks that are up for contract renewal in 3 years so it's possible that it could happen, there's also one thing Vietnam has that many of the new crop of host countries do not have and that is hills!

Hopefully they will pick a site that has plenty of natural gradient or knowing Bernie and Tilke it will be probably sited on a Korean style paddy field.

Some good news from the Ferrari team boss.

After the FOTA meeting he has said:

“Our sport is increasingly expanding the number of countries hosting a grand prix and all the teams are in agreement about that. Therefore it is inevitable that it will no longer be possible to have two races in the same nation. It’s not the job of the teams who choose where a grand prix is held, that’s up to the commercial rights holder. Everything else is pure speculation.”

This means the end for the planned Rome GP and goodbye to Valencia! Sadly it also means Donnington would not get its chance to host the European GP :(

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... untry.aspx

Thailand suggested holding a race a few months ago, some guy owns most of RBR who is from Thailand. An RBR car has driven round the streets of Bangkok, it looks pretty ominous :(

Back
Top Bottom