Where now for Nick Heidfeld?

Good for Nick, I know he's not the sort of driver that's going to set a race alight, but with some of the drivers who are there this year, and with six extra cars on the grid as well, it does show that once you go down the grid, it can be as much a case of how much money you can bring with you, as how good a driver you are.

Great news! I've always been impressed with Nick, and I was very disappointed when he missed out on a drive this season. After all, he was at least as good as Kubica in the BMW Sauber I thought.

Now wouldn't it be interesting if he were to beat a certain other German driver in a silver car? (and I'm not talking about Rosberg). :whistle:

Chad Stewarthill said:
Now wouldn't it be interesting if he were to beat a certain other German driver in a silver car? (and I'm not talking about Rosberg). :whistle:

Interesting doesn't quite cover it Chad, it would be amazing if Heidfeld beat Schumi in an inferior car, and I think Ross Brawn would be kicking himself from here to Stuttgart.

I like the guy, I think he's always been very solid and unlikely to make mistakes (traits which Jenson Button has recently been lauded to the hills for) and he did very, very well in comparison to Robert Kubica as a team-mate.

Heidfeld/Kobayashi is a great balance of a combination as well, in my opinion. Its a bit like Button/Hamilton in its Ice/Fire tendency.

teabagyokel said:
Interesting doesn't quite cover it Chad, it would be amazing if Heidfeld beat Schumi in an inferior car, and I think Ross Brawn would be kicking himself from here to Stuttgart.
Just looking at the results in the last four Grands Prix, I think it's more than a remote possibility:
Monza:
Schumacher 9th, Kobayashi DNF, De la Rosa 14th - But Kobayashi qualified in 13th, one place behind Schumi.
Spa:
Schumacher 7th, Kobayashi 8th, De la Rosa 11th
Hungary:
Schumacher 11th, Kobayashi 9th, De la Rosa 7th
Germany:
Schumacher 9th, Kobayashi 11th, De la Rosa 14th

On the basis that Nick ought to be better than Kobayashi and is definitely better than Pedro, I think Ross could be putting his hobnailed boots on pretty soon.

Nick unfortunately will have a job on his hands as the car he will use is already on 9 engines so every new engine will result in a 10 place grid drop.

Maybe that is why Sauber were so keen to recruit the guy with the record for most consecutive classified results, that they think he'll be lighter on the engine than PdlR would be?

Suzuka should be the only track thats heavy on engines so he should be ok if he can make the one thats in the car now last until then.

Back
Top Bottom