What do you miss in F1?

Proper Grand Prix tracks that were a true drivers challenge, not bland placid tracks like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi

Tracks such as:

Mont Tremblant
Watkins Glen
Zandvoort
the real Spa
Nurburgring
Montjuich Park

Plus drivers that would take the time to meet the fans.

I actually got to meet Jim Clark, Sir Jackie Stewart, Bruce McLaren, Denis Hulme, Dan Gurney, Mario Andretti, Chris Amon, Ronnie Peterson and many more. None of them made a dash for their jet as soon as their race was over.

Why don't today's drivers follow their example?

Also forgot to add:

The Tyre War:

Bridgestone v Michelin

Hakkinen v Schumacher

Ironically Montoya! He was controversal but boy was he a good racer on his day.

Also NATURAL OVERTAKING!

non-carbon brakes. Bring back the old ferrous types to greatly lengthen braking areas, so there is a chance to pass under braking if your gonads are large enough.

- Gravel Traps
- Drivers (and personell like Martin Whitmarsh) who didn't attend more rhetoric classes than Aristotle himself
- Old Hockenheim, Old Imola (Yes the old Tamburello as well), Nordschleife, Watkins Glen
- Engines blowing up
- More retirements
- The wall between the track and the pit lane exit at St Devote in Monaco
- Non artificial overtaking
- Drivers being allowed to drive their cars to the limit and not being forced to "look after your tyres" for 85% of the race
- V12 Engines
- No limit in engines, gearboxes etc.
- Minardi and Forti Ford (lol)
- No penalties for racing incidents (I feels like 10 years ago you had 4 or 5 penalties in a whole season. Correct me if I'm wrong)
- Mika Hakkinen
- Finally amazingly looking cars
F1_McLaren_Race_Car_2008.jpg

2002.jpg

GermanF1 - Your post has illustrated to me precisely why the FIA can't simply ask the fans what they want and then do it... Personally, I find those cars ugly, compared with the simplicity of the (late) 1980s, 1960s and even 2010.... ;)

The Artist..... Maybe I like them because I grew up watching them and I agree wholeheartedly with you about the beauty of simplicity. What we definetly can agree about ist that the current cars look awful...

Liveries like Buzzin Hornets Jordan yellow, Sauber Petronas blue and green. Arrows gold and black

More teams. I don't think the FIA should regulate teams I think teams should be able to enter whatever races they want and any team should be allowed to compete as long as they have a super-licenced driver and a regulation meeting car.

Also good tracks and grass on tracks, or gravel traps instead of freaking concrete runoffs. More on that note went to the Rolex Sports Car Series race at Indianapolis and about 8 different people went into the gravel and had to get towed out, and went a lap or two down in the process. Only problem was it brought out a rather unnecessary full course yellow every time.

Plus cool liveries, some more personable drivers as opposed to some very bland ones but I guess we always have those. Hey Hamilton is pretty lively and Raikkonen is a personality. So is Button if you consider whiny a personality and Schumie is always. But a lot of guys nobody really knows too much about and cant be related to. This might just be me though.

Back
Top Bottom