Vettel's hat trick of overtakes on Alonso

Foaad

Rookie
Monza was the third race in a row when Vettel has had to make a competitive on the track overtake on Alonso. In Hungary it was for the then 3rd position and using DRS to get alongside and overtake on the outside, but in Spa and Monza it was without DRS and to take the lead. Finally getting to see what he can deliver in situations when his car is setup to make overtaking a possibility (not massively slow on straights).

I think this is more props to Fernando than it is to Vettel. I'm sure if Alonso was driving that Red Bull, there would at no point be a Ferrari in front of it.

I think this is more props to Fernando than it is to Vettel. I'm sure if Alonso was driving that Red Bull, there would at no point be a Ferrari in front of it.

I'm pretty sure that Red Bull isn't the fastest car getting off the line. You only have to look at what an arse of it Webber continues to make of every start. Anyway, he's doing better than his team-mate.

Very good point, I think Alonso has been the best driver of the year so far.

I'm sorry to have to say it but there is only one driver of this year and its Seb Vettel. Yes we know he has the best car but boy has he made good use of it.

I will echo the sentiment that Alonso is having an awesome season though. Its seems he's taken what you might call a chill pill. He's stopped all the moaning about team and team-mates, all the arm waving when he can't pass someone, all the complaining about the set up and tyres etc.He just seems to have got his head down and got on with it and I agree he's putting that Ferrari in places it shouldn't be.

Think I've said this before but it fits in with the topic. Vettel did pull an awesome move to overtake Alonso at Monza but if it hadn't been for Alonso being aware and fair we might very well be talking about a very high speed coming together. As we would have been at Eau Rouge. Maybe Vettel can pull a move like that on Fernando because he trusts him enough not to just drive into him.

I will echo the sentiment that Alonso is having an awesome season though. Its seems he's taken what you might call a chill pill. He's stopped all the moaning about team and team-mates, all the arm waving when he can't pass someone, all the complaining about the set up and tyres etc.He just seems to have got his head down and got on with it and I agree he's putting that Ferrari in places it shouldn't be.

It would take a pretty fine toothcomb to find anything to criticise with regards to Alonso's 2011 season.

Think I've said this before but it fits in with the topic. Vettel did pull an awesome move to overtake Alonso at Monza but if it hadn't been for Alonso being aware and fair we might very well be talking about a very high speed coming together. As we would have been at Eau Rouge. Maybe Vettel can pull a move like that on Fernando because he trusts him enough not to just drive into him.

Vettel may as you say had trust in Fernando, but that didn't stop Sebastian from complaining to the race stewards, and requesting that Fernando be penalized.

http://thef1times.com/news/display/04445

There's an article where Alonso says he should have given Vettel more room.

Also did anyone hear what they were saying just before going out on the podium? "it sounded like one of them said I :censored: You up before"

Alonso definitely said something that started with "F", and both Seb and Jenson got a chuckle out of it. I've listened to it a couple times but I'm not really sure what he said though.

Yeah I listened to it a couple of times and surprised no one noticed and none of the commentators apologised for the language :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom