Two DRS zones from Canada

I'd understand this, if there were two detection points: one before the hairpin and one before the last chicane. This way we could see some nice battles, when the driver who has been overtaken on the backstraight can fight back on the pit straight.

The current idea is just plain stupid. If you're within that one second at the detection point, it's quaranteed that you can pass the driver in front.

Remember DRS is more effective coming out of a fast corner and in Montreal that hairpin is really slow, while the chicane can't be taken fast either.

I prefer 2 zones if they are shorter/provide less advantage. It would mean that the system can provide a greater or equal advantage over the lap but without a driver being able to just sail past. Ideally for me the system would be that the driver gets it for the whole lap or until they make a pass - but for this the system would have to give less of an advantage for any given length of track.

This is really smart thinking. Two of the traditional overtake zones at Cirque de Gilles Villeneuve where success or otherwise always depended on the skillful placing of ones car to pass (or prevent a pass) so we plonk in the DRS to make it easier. Bright! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom