Television Top Gear

I am quite enjoying it and when the three presenters grow into it a little more it may be quite good.

I agreed with some reviews last week that its too scripted at the moment and feels far too much like three presenters doing an impression of the three presenters who once hosted Top Gear.

I agree whole heartedly with Matt that a 911 is not a super car.

It's getting better.

This series is night and day better. The only issues I have is :Eddie Jordan :Rory needs more involvement and banter. :Eddie Jordon: Eddie Jordan and Eddie Jordan.

No it's weird lastweek in the race, was a perfect opertunity for him and mat to hang out but no. For no reason totally cut out. The 3 of them have potential. I like Sabien popping in. The stig is almost pointless with Chris Harris in there.

The Stig is still in for merchandise purposes.

Not usually a fan of Eddie but it did make me chuckle when he said 'in the old days I'd just tell a driver he was being a dick'

It is better than the Chris Evans show and the presenters are starting to warm to the role. I actually enjoyed Matt's bit on the GT40. He's starting to sound like a motoring journalist.

I think they just need to relax a little more and stop trying to force the 'fun'.

I miss the news section from the old show. Not sure why they dropped that bit.

Its not too bad though.

Probably because they need someone to drive all the "normal" cars, that are beneath Matt & Chris.
I also have a theory that Mr Harris doubles-up as the Stig too, particularly after he was overly-complimentary on one of Stig's laps...

i was at party Sunday couldn't watch it live finally saw this afternoon. fantastic the golf challenge was hilarious & i bet all 3 had some big bruises. Flintoff bungee jump i dont know how he did that. 1 of most terrifying stunts ive seen on tv. the only shame is how much damage 1 hour can do to a reputation that they are still paying for 5 yrs later. if only they had returned with Matt Chris & Rory. or should i say Matt Chris &................................... Rory.

because they were underrated & this series would be celebrated as the success it is of replacing 3 huge names. Anyone know an example about a decision that sounded good on paper but disaster in reality that has taken 5 years to rectify.

no :dunno: doesnt ill ring ron dennis. see if he knows anyone

im relieved that i didnt but the curse on this new incarnation of top gear last June

i had a good feeling for new new new new top gear as with Flintoff has yet to do bad show, hes always great entertainment, honest & quite deep at times, in his chip shop van, the Fred sav syed podcast or league of their own as assumed it will be like the great road trips on a league of their own. which trio of Andrew Flintoff Jamie Redknapp & Jack Whitehall were hilarious

I liked it but i thought the last 3 was were underrated if I did wonder why the other 2 hated rory so much & gives much better platform than dreadful reboot than chris evans

i was at party Sunday couldn't watch it live finally saw this afternoon. fantastic the golf challenge was hilarious & i bet all 3 had some big bruises. Flintoff bungee jump i dont know how he did that. 1 of most terrifying stunts ive seen on tv. the only shame is how much damage 1 hour can do to a reputation that they are still paying for 5 yrs later. if only they had returned with Matt Chris & Rory. or should i say Matt Chris &................................... Rory.

I have to say that I never felt the chemistry between Matt and Chris (and Matt’s personality was grating, and I found him wooden as a presenter - have you ever seen the best of top gear, presented by Matt la Blanc- I saw that on an 8 hour flight to the USA and fell fast asleep!)

Back
Top Bottom