Television Top Gear

im on the 5.99 a month deal so with 30 day free trial (which you cant watch all at once as grand tour is weekly not all at once) it only going to cost me 17.97 if i do it for 4mths & so its cheap per episodes even cheaper as meaning to watch the man in the high castle for while about dystopian past what if germans won ww2 so that more episodes no extra cost

But finally ive watched grand tour, trying to find a time where me & my dad can both watch is knightmare as you can imagine with work & other tv. But wait was worth it absolutely brilliant they managed to some how carry on where they left off & still yet improved upon old top gear. The opening sequence was brilliant couldnt stop smiling all the way through love the added infomation like the bhp kg & drive train, then the xray images

also does the 1st episode prove bbc were lieing to us when they saud that Mclaren Porsche Ferrari wouldnt allow them to race each other but amazon have managed it. Is that money or other reasons

Last edited:
I have Amazon Prime, have had for some time. Mostly because it is very difficult for me to shop in town centres. But suddenly, hey - Ho, we have all these goodies. Like Amazon films. Unfortunately my early generation of smart Samsung HD TV does not support, or is not supported by Amazon. I know, they told me, when I tried to log in. My TV is 4 years old. If I want to take full advantage of Amazon Prime. I have to buy New TV.
Be warned.

Titch buy a amazon fire stick to plug into your TV then you are sorted. it's even on offer now for black Friday.

Yeah that what we did, fire stick its so simple as technology is usually pain to set up but you just plug everything you get in box together, plug into the socket & connect it to wifi. Away you go, Because if you buy it from your amazon account it comes to you preregistrated

How much is a fire stick and do you also need a subscription?

Best time to get it now. As it 24.99 on amazon, argos.

Yes - depends what you need, if you want 1 day delivery, streaming music & video all year round or for a few months. Thats £79 a yr or £7.99 a mth.
But if you just want amazon video like me go for £5.99 a month

Legend would have it that the fire stick can use the Kodi app which can play a great many things including popular sports channels. Nudge nudge wink wink say no more.

The 'fully loaded' thing is just referring to pre installed add-ons. these are super easy to find and install even if they do stop pre loaded units from being sold.

Just catching up with the Grand Tour, I think it's a lot of fun. Nonsense, but fun. You just can't replicate the chemistry that those three guys have.

The first five minutes of episode 1 was pretty good but then I increasingly kept thinking to myself 'this is crap'. Episode 2 was pretty terrible, but I gave 3 a chance and thought it was a lot better. 'The American' is a poor idea and the special guests dying gets tiring really fast.

So new old Top Gear is back on the BBC. Having not bothered with the last series, as I can't abide Chris Evans, I thought I'd give the series a go. It's not too bad, the camaraderie between the presenters seems a little forced but they do appear to know about cars, they actually drive the odd one and do a review and the international pieces have been quite good. I enjoyed last week with the high mileage cars being driven across Kazakhstan, especially with the black cab.

If you haven't seen it yet give it a go, I think it will get better as the presenters bond more.

What has changed with Top Gear is the loss of the ego. Chris Harris is suitably self deprecatory - and whilst I suspect it won't work every week, I like the idea of the guest being in the studio throughout - as they talk about cars...

I can't see Matt le Blanc staying for the long run - but Harris and Reid seem like new stalwarts... Extra gear doesn't work as well this year though.

Back
Top Bottom