Tony Fernandes' Team Lotus out, _ in

Jos the Boss

Champion Elect
With Mr Fernandes of Air Asia, Team Lotus, QPR and undoubtably somemore I've missed dropping a big hint that they might be renamed, which naming rights should they buy?
I was thinking along the lines of Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Ligier, Arrows or Minardi but you will undoubtably have some better ideas!
Any ideas?

With Mr Fernandes of Air Asia, Team Lotus, QPR and undoubtably somemore I've missed dropping a big hint that they might be renamed, which naming rights should they buy?
I was thinking along the lines of Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Ligier, Arrows or Minardi but you will undoubtably have some better ideas!
Any ideas?
I think they've beaten us to it with "Caterham" liberally splattered all over their cars last weekend. Although I have a great deal of respect for that company it does seem incongruous to name a team after a small Surrey town. Is that silly enough? I wonder.:thinking:

Well I already presumed it would be caterham which is how it made its way onto the pitwall, I'm saying what names would you like them to purchase from the good old bad old days!

Well I already presumed it would be caterham which is how it made its way onto the pitwall, I'm saying what names would you like them to purchase from the good old bad old days!

... but that's exactly my problem. I wanted to come up with something sillier sounding than "Caterham" as it reminds me of a line from the Bonzo Dog Band album "Keynsham":

"You art welcome to Keynsham, with your long hair and pimples ..."

... but coudn't think of anything. If I were being sensible and they insist on a car make that is a place name I would say "Bristol" but apart from a slightly derogatory example of rhyming slang, it makes (those of us old enough to remember Bristol motor cars) one think of big black luxury tank-like vehicles for the upwardly mobile middle classes of the 1950's (i.e. bank managers). Not exactly fast and sporty, like.

How about a Buggati? or Porsche? or Lamborghini?
Sensible answer: Volkswagen group would not be happy at all. Porsche SE owns a little over 50% of the Volkswagen group which effectively owns all three marques - all of which are currently engaged in some form of GT racing.

Silly answer: Why not??:)

How about, "Team What the Hell Was I Thinking When I Decided to Promote Proton's Cars? I Should Have Just Bought Caterham in the First Place Instead of Trying to Piggy BacK off History - Racing".

Back
Top Bottom