The Tour de France

He hasn't been "caught". He is entitled to take that medication.
See what transpires, nothing we say will matter.
Nope. He took far more than is allowed. In fact so much more that with an inhaler you don't get that much in your blood. You'd need to take pills for that. And that is not allowed.

Ulissi had a similar amount a few years ago, and got a 9 month ban.

Yep, if he took too much he's going to have to carry the can.
Shame, I like him, but I can't see a reason for him to not be punished.

i hope that this is accidental more for cycling reputation than Froome because the sport cant afford another dominant tdf champ using drugs as loophole to be better but not performance enhancing, & instead its more like Contador, the tainted meat but even then he got the vuelta taken off him. I expect the same for failing a drugs test , if you were critical of him it is pretty bad that it wasn't a bit over it was double which admitally he said he takes more on tough mountain stages. where does asthma medication turn into abuse because it does get more air to the lungs, which gives more red blood cells which is means more effort before fatigue

but in his defence Froome has a point when he says that he would never take anything because he know he would get caught because the stage winner & GC leader of the grand tour gets tested daily at the end of every stage. & he mustve been tested at least 60 times at a grand tour since 2013 considering whats he won. also I think it looks like the doctors fault but Froome carrys the can because he failed the test which is correct

if you think your having a bad day, theirs a person out there who put a bet on Chris Froome to win sports personality yesterday

Clenbuterol, banned substance.
Salbutamol, specified substance.

You can't view Contador's transgression in the same light as Froome's.
There is no proven benefit for non-asthma sufferers of inhaling Salbutamol.

Other cyclists have been tested while wearing the leader's jersey, Froome's comments relating to that mean nothing.

Froome took the drugs, not the doctor, Froome is to blame for the test results.

Well, well, I wasn't going to get involved!

I dont know all the ins and outs of the medication or its effects and impact on the body, or the way the body deals with it.

The rider alond is responsible for what goes in to their body.

If there is an explanation which covers everything j hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

I fear however that with the stance he has taken, especially regarding jiffygate, he is likely to suffer quite a backlash, and based on the language used in press releases, he is already being distanced by the team.

This will be an interestinv investigation. It will be interesting too see it played out.

From record, 3 riders have recently had aaf's for salbutomol, only 2 resulted in a ban.

other cyclists have been tested while wearing the leader's jersey, Froome's comments relating to that mean nothing.

Froome comments mean a lot hopefully because he knows post Armstrong UCI have the most strigent doping testing in sport, so he cant get away with anything because he will get tested, & will get caught. GC leader of the grand tour gets tested daily at the end of every stage for 4 of the last 5 yrs he has been a long time leader. froome is currently very apolgetic & its seems completely accidental has always been vocal even currently about being anti drugs made many speeches at tour de france even when french tv verbally attacking him as pundit resulting in some ugly scenes up a mountain & is currently being transparent with UCI, sending how many puffs hes had on both tdf/vuelta saying the abnormal result is down to dehydration.

im really unsure how i feel because i feel its 50/50 because as much as i want to trust him but problem is because sports history doesnt bode well & team sky reputation despite there stance couldnt be lower because more & more. after the bradley Wiggins TUE scandal . we all know Dave Brailsford marginal gains. what is to say Froome has his usual 2 puffs but on vital mountain stage as the substance is legal, have another puff. get more air to the lungs, so up the mountain you can go 1km further. & the other riders are pretty upset a few including tony Martin said anyone else wouldve been suspended

He was over the limit, so he's guilty of being over the limit, which isn't allowed. Its quite simple really.

Froome's assertion that he hasn't done anything wrong perhaps alludes to him being adamant that he didn't have more than the 'allotted' number of puffs per day on his inhaler. Recommendations that cannot be proved either way are utterly irrelevant if the offence is decided by a quantifiable level of chemical in the body.

If that's the case, and he maintains that stance, then he's not only guilty but deluded as well.

I agree with you F1Brits_90
Tony Martin has been called out for not knowing his arse from his elbow on the subject and has now, correctly, decided to shut his trap because he is wrong.

I agree with you F1Brits_90
Tony Martin has been called out for not knowing his arse from his elbow on the subject and has now, correctly, decided to shut his trap because he is wrong.

for me i think tony martin doesnt care about the UCI. i think he only has his own ambitions because at all the major events, froome is always the one that beats him. its like Vettel calling for Hamilton suspension, under simlair circumstances because it enhances vettels chances of winning

Froome is down in third because he doesn't win individual races, he concentrates on the overall classification Wombcat. Unfortunately it seems as though gethinceri doesn't bother signing the register at the finishing line, he just heads off for the beer tent.

Hmmm, interesting piece on SPOTY about Froome. I know they can't take him off the list of nominees as he's still to be found guilty/punished but it was all a bit OTT.

Back
Top Bottom