The Not At Monaco Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So the DRS may not appear at Monaco this year. But Monaco is so unique there are a lot of things that do not appear at Monaco!

1. In which year did Jim Clark miss Monaco to win the Indy500?

2. Where did Alberto Ascari qualify in the 1952 Indy500, also missing Monaco?

19th position

3. Before Juan Pablo Montoya in 2003, who was the previous Williams driver to win at Monaco?

Keke Rosberg in 1983

4. This remarkable picture (from statsf1.com) is of the 1950 Monaco GP:

CTA.jpg

What did this mess allow Juan Manuel Fangio to be the first man ever to do?

The first man to achieve a Grand Chelem
Pole, Win, Fastest Lap and lead every lap. That's him in car #34

5. Which two future Ferrari drivers were out on lap one of the 1996 Monaco Grand Prix to join Michael Schumacher?

Barrichello and Fisichella

6. What was Nelson Piquet's best result in Monaco?

2nd in 1983 and 1987

7. Who was the only man to finish one lap down on Gilles Villeneuve in 1981 at Monaco?

Didier Pironi in 4th. The only man to complete exactly 75 laps!

8. Jarno Trulli, Olivier Panis, Riccardo Patrese, Ludovicio Scarfiotti, Maurice Trintignant. Which of these is not a Monaco winner?

Scarfiotti, who won his only GP at Monza

9. How many points did Toyota pick up at Monaco?

10. Who were the last team to take up both spaces on the back row in Monaco?

Ferrari, through Massa [crashed] and Schumacher [demoted] in 2006. They're also the last team to qualify last in Monaco through Alonso last year!

Tough one, also 3.5 points (I gave myself 0.5 for Q5) with a lucky guess for Q9, and with this:
Isn't Toyota the latest who qualified on the last row in 2009 with Trulli and Glock?

Tough one, also 3.5 points (I gave myself 0.5 for Q5) with a lucky guess for Q9, and with this:
Isn't Toyota the latest who qualified on the last row in 2009 with Trulli and Glock?

It doesn't ask who the last to qualify on the back row; it asks who was the last to start on the back row. And Lewis Hamilton was pushed down to last for a gearbox change!

3 points.

Normally I'd be jumping up & down at the prospect of a MASSIVE 3 points, yet I feel strangely deflated at not have a .5 in my score... :unsure:

It doesn't ask who the last to qualify on the back row; it asks who was the last to start on the back row. And Lewis Hamilton was pushed down to last for a gearbox change!

Oh yes, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding, and it seems I didn't remember this detail. :givemestrength:
So, then I got 2,5 points.

4 for me.
The fascinating thing is that Clark went on to become 1965 WDC without having competed at Monaco. Such was the measure of his dominance and greatness.

Back
Top Bottom